Dark Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two: The Auran.

+12
Penthar
Kath
Starlyght
Mathias
Mistress-Inu
Chi
daccat
Erin
xxcalciferxx
Admin
Nick
TaiKitsune
16 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chapter Two: The Auran.

Post by TaiKitsune Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:39 pm

Sachieal fell to the ground. He forgot that Calcifer could manipulate anything that was water based. Taking a large chunk of ice to the face, he noted, is not the best thing in the world. He'd have to watch this girl, she'd be dangerous if caught in a bad mood during a snow storm.

Sachieal sat up and rubbed his head, he was more embarassed than hurt, but the laughter came and wouldn't leave him. "Okay. Ouch." He stood up and shook himself out, they'd need to get back to the infirmary soon.

"Ready to continue on, Miss Calcifer?"

TaiKitsune

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:47 pm

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 3 1448
"gah im very sorry i didnt hurt you to bad did I?I didnt mean to,not at all"she felt sorry for hurting her friend,when he got up she stood up and bowed sorry to him.
"ya im ready.that was a nice little break while it lasted."she smiled
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:49 pm

Sachieal patted Calcifer on the head. "It's no trouble at all, Ma'am. I'm more resilient than I look." He turned and began to walk through the forest again, admiring the shifting light through the canopy of leaves.
"It truly was a nice break."

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:53 pm

Calcifer felt childish when sachieal patted her on the head but smiled,she was happy that he was ok and not upset with her.Calcifer put the cork back in her bottle and picked it up.as she cought up with sachieal she thought about how they got to the stream.
"hey...you brought me to the stream..may i show you my way of getting around?"
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:01 pm

Sachieal knew either trouble (which was most likely, knowing his luck) or a good time was coming up. Either way, he was in. "Alright, I'd like to see that."

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:09 pm

Her face lit up with a smile"yay"she took her bottle off and took out the cork.she happily spun in a circle and all the water emptyed out.she picked up her bottle and put it on her sholder. as the water floated there she thought for a second then turned to sachieal"whats your favorite animal?"
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:25 pm

Sachieal thought for a moment, then paused and chuckled. "I do favor the Cerberus, it's quite the treat to watch it feast on souls, really." He paused once again. "But if you mean animal from this realm, then I'd have to say..." He pondered. "I'd have to say the phoenix."

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:54 am

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 3 3276

Odei looked back over his shoulder at Origin, who seemed to have found her voice again. He was about to answer when the demon got up, and screeched – a long, piercing demonic sound. ‘Annoying little…’ With a growl, Odei swung his arm around with full force, fist curled and tight like an iron ball, his intent to crush the creature’s face, but his fist punched through air and he staggered forth as the demon spread his wings and retreated.

‘Better off this way…’ Odei thought, watching the dark figure disappear in the distance, and then turned to Origin, voice calm, now the anger subsiding, he answered her angry question with calm tones and steel eyes. “You, with company? Strange? no. But that kind of company, YES. Squaring up to me like that? Like some school la…” Odei’s words trailed off, thoughts reminding him of Origin’s strange behavior some few minutes ago, not understanding it. SURLY she was not intimidated by the demon, he’s seen her snip off bits of far worse characters in the past without a sense of remorse or hesitation, so he assumed she was, of all things, embarrassed – maybe she was the type who rather not have anyone see her with… ‘company’. Hence her withheld manner as Odei showed up out of the blue… maybe she did not want him there.

Not wanting to embarrass her further, Odei dismissed the subject. The creature was gone anyway.

He waved a hand as if shoving the topic itself away. “Never mind. Your leg doesn’t look too good, I think you need to rest some more” He said, looking past her at the crowd, seeing the woman who, as he noticed for the first time, appeared to be blind, sided by a dark man, and behind them two figures appeared between the trees heading their way; the pale stunt-man he had seen at the inn the night before the battle, followed by a young girl with blazing red hair.

“Are they members of our division?” he asked indicating the group with a node, hoping Origin would know.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 237

https://darkwars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:08 pm

Histlan's lips parted slightly in surprise at the sudden movement Origin pushed herself into and entered in to interfere with the fray. More or less dismissing her with a few words. The scream she'd let off right before hadn't at all sounded like she was alright or unharmed. She quickly pushed herself up straight again and moved to follow Origin's footsteps in hopes of making the girl stop hobbling around while injured. She'd only gotten a few paces when the loud and shrill screeching filled the air and she grimaced and pushed her gloved hands under her hood and over her ears, trying to block out the painfully loud sound. As much as she could not live without her heightened hearing anymore it... had its disadvantages too.

Her shoulder pushed against a tree and she bit down on her lower lip. Her hands not coming down from being clamped over her ears until she was entirely sure the sound was gone, which took a few moments. "Ugh..." She muttered to herself and mentally remarked that today definitely seemed like it'd be a headache day, which only made her more irritable. She straightened herself back up though and took a few more paces forward, facing towards Odei and Origin.

She raised the inclination of her chin slightly and spoke out forwardly. "I did not sprint all the way out here over snow and ice in fear that I'd find you dead or worse by an enemy just to be dimissed or spoken of as though I am not currently present." Her words were quick and hintedly stressed but her head shifted slightly as she moved her attention away from them in general and rather to Origin. "You probably should not even be walking let alone out here... we're going back to the infirmary whether I have to carry or drag you back myself." She said with finality before breathing out heavily.

Last edited by on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nick
Nick

Number of posts : 133

http://www.leighanief.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:31 pm

she looked at sachieal"...well it might not look like a phoenix..."
she moved her hands and within a minute a shape was formed it looked like a bird but not to much like a phoenix though."...well it has the same concept..." it couldnt really look like a poenix,it was water."well shall we go then" she sat on the birds back and smiled at sachieal waiting for him to get on.
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:10 pm

Sachieal hopped up on top of the great water-bird. "It's more Raven than bird of flame, but it's still amazing, Miss Calcifer." He sat next to her and smiled discretely.

"Bet this thing is slower than I am?"

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:36 pm

she smiled"ya...but its as close as its going to get to a phoenix"
she looked down at it then back at sachieal"hmm...faster then you nope..but im not one for speed,not saying that your speed wasnt amazing."
she smiled and looked forward.she moved her hands over her feet so that she would not fall and did the same to sachieal's.
she giggled for a second,it probably would have been longer then that if the wind did not muffle the noise.the bird rose high into the sky.
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:39 pm

Long post

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 3 967340 Origin was blushing with anger. She'd never felt so offended in her life. Who asked him to come and run Vasquiri off, especially when they were just getting to know one another? That man! Vasquiri had done nothing! Why did Odei have to be so thick headed? Vasquiri fought for the Alliance for the gods' sake, and here he was tossing him about the fields.

He still thought her a girl, and a strange one at that. What did he know? She sniffed. Her pride was sorely hurt. Vasquiri understood her and her strange mannerisms. He spoke her language and liked rabbits just as much as she. And Odei had to scare him off. He was only protecting her. The warlock had been missing for two days, and there had been tale of some great aincient magic that abruptly ended the battle two days hence. She of all knew how close to the edge of madness Odei tottered, and Vasquiri sensed it. He was protecting her!

Histlan's lecture fell upon deaf ears. She wanted nothing to do with her comrades. She couldn't very well vent her frustrations. Her thoughts were still running in Cyrnian circles, and she didn't care much for more bedrest.

She dug her stick into the ground and began limping off, as though Histlan had never said a word. Let the girl try to drag her back. She was armed.

She pulled the cloak about her tighter, her hands resting on a different fabric from her rabbit cloak. That was right. She'd torn her cloak on a tree branch, and Vasquiri had given her his, promising to mend hers and return it on the morrow.

The male was a good foot taller than her, and in the way of cloaks, it was nearly twice as heavy as her rabbit cloak, with thick black fur in the lining, and a sleek weatherproof exterior. It dragged along the ground behind her, creating a gash in the snow, but it was warm, and still smelled of his strange scent.

She pulled up the hood and gathered the cloth about herself, limping along the path back to the little village with a new determination in her step.She'd see him again, at any cost.

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 3 CopyofIMG

Olorafien had his face buried in the rabbit fur cloak taking deep, gasping breaths. He sat with his legs crossed, his face nearly touching the ground as he had the cloak pressed to his face. He'd been this way for nearly an hour, bothering only to speak through his mental link while his other half licked his wounds.

She is more beautiful even than the tales is she not? Olorafien sent, lifting himself for a gasp of air, then rubbing the cloak upon his face.

Vasquiri lay back against the wall of the tent, in a daze, Aye Brother

His mind was emblazoned with an image of her face. He knew now why it was so important for the dark prince to have her back.

Brother, we cannot be sure that we can hand her over so easily, he began, reaching for the cloak. Olorafien handed it to him, and he buried his face in the fur. Even with the dirty smell of his brother's face tainting the scent he could still smell it.

Olorafien stretched and stretched out upon his pallet, We knew we could not when we first caught her scent. There is no glory worth returning her to the Dark Lord -bring us quickly to death- and we are no longer willing to try.

Olorafien ripped the cloak from his brother, only to have it pulled from him. They tugged in a moment of jealous play, until the old tattered thing ripped in two. Each retreated to their corners in a frenzy, attempting to decipher who had the bigger half.

I promised it mended you fool, Vasquiri hissed, packing his half away into his rucksack. Olorafien was oblivious, his mind amongst the furs.

We shall make her a new one. This one smells of you and some stinking old man.

Vasquiri laughed, T'rissolin and The dark Lord -bring him quickly to death- could rot. The female would not be returning unless both of them were nestled in a well-locked grave.

[[Note: to understand the concept of twins in Elisett culture, just remember, they are NEVER separated, so don't be suprised later in teh tale. ALso, whenever the refer to the 'dark lord' and say 'bring (me him us I etc..) quickly to death, it's said the same as 'God rest her soul' etc. it means if they need to die they want it quickly at his hands.]]
Erin
Erin

Female
Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:23 pm

Sachieal enjoyed the whipping of the wind against his face as they flew back towards the town. It was true, the great bird was not as fast as he, but the ride was still an exhillirating one. Flight was nothing new to Sachieal, but putting that power in someone else's hands was an entirely different tale.

As they flew through the forest, Sachieal began to feel his unuseable stomach quiver. "Something just happened with a demon, Calcifer." He placed his hand on his now searing wound. "I can feel it, he's not here now, but he was."

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:59 pm

Calcifer looked back at sachieal"Really? you can sense it?...are you going to be ok or should we hurry and get back?"calcifer had a look of worry on her face.

the bird continued to fly throught the air but at a little bit of a slower pace seeing how calcifer wasnt consentrating on it at the moment.
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by daccat Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:02 pm

((Sorry I’m a little behind guys, I’ll do my best to catch up here))

The moment they’d entered the clearing, snippets of the conversation met his ears and a sudden discouraging thought occurred - had they just gone on a wild goose chase? Help seemed to already be there. He recalled the injured woman’s face if only from a brief glance earlier that day back at the medical building, though she’d been in someone else’s care at the time.

When the screech came he didn’t realize straight away where it was coming from; from some dark unseen creature perhaps he thought when it connected. It was coming from the other dark skinned man aside from himself and he’d clapped his palms over his shortened earlobes, eyes widened slightly at the volume his vocal chords could produce that made Ivaylo’s skin crawl. The other man, a soldier he didn’t know either swung a fist towards him and the screech abruptly stopped.

After tentatively lowering his hands to his side, Ivaylo had the feeling they’d walked in on a somewhat private quarrel as the conversation between the soldier and woman was dropped and their presence was finally taken note of. “Are they members of our division?” His shoulders stiffened slightly, hoping his expression didn’t betray the fact that he didn’t exactly know either. Their ‘Alliance’ was quite the motley crew, wasn’t it?

He looked to the woman, not the injured one but the one he came here with, his eyebrows raised slightly at her forward behavior. Relief out to be more in order than anger, that they were now out of harm’s way - then again she’d been one of few who’d looked after the wounded without rest. Had she been in a state much more herself he made the assumption that she wouldn’t have wanted first impressions to be of someone quite so…irate, for lack of a kinder word. His gaze switched to the dark skinned girl when she rose and quite defiantly ignored what was said as she limped away.

“M’lady, I don’t think that’s wise to be walking with your leg in…” …that state. His voice trailed off as he realized what he was saying would go unheard as well. He watched her retreating back, mouth set in a slight frown, feeling much like an unnecessary bystander after their efforts in running there. Ivaylo turned to the hooded woman, the corner of his lip turning upwards in sympathy; having her concern brushed off in such a manner probably didn’t make one feel too pleasant.

“You get points for trying, love."
daccat
daccat

Female
Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:10 pm

Sachieal winced against the razor-needles drilling into his shoulder. "I'll be fine, Miss Calcifer, there's nothing we can do now." He took a deep breath and calmed himself. "Let us hurry back, there are still others that need to be helped."

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:13 pm

she noded and turned back,she placed her hands on the bird and they sunk into the water just up to her cuffs.Calcifer consentraited and the bird regained its speed but soon enough its speed doubled then trippled.
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:48 am

((Erin dear, there’s 14 yrs between Odei and Origin, of course he thinks her a little girl and probably always will Wink they both sound like me and my older brother Razz ))

Origin limped off without answering his question, obviously bristling with rage, and Odei let her without a word. He was used to this; she often was angry at him, wailing, snappy or skeptical, and very rare was the moments when she did not seem to mind him.

The reason now for the rage? Odei thought it could be a combination of both; embarrassment and rage. Embarrassed that he’d seen her with a man- she did after all stress on the point of why he’d find it so ‘strange for her to be with a man’ and she did seem surprised to see him there, backing away from him as she did. And now she was probably enraged with the fight. But it was the demon who practically invited the blow. Odei warned him, and he did not back down. He felt no remorse for his actions, Odei’s instinct told him something was not right, and at that moment, nothing was right. After a whole year, Origin should know by now: Odei did not hold back if provoked. And today, he felt poked from all sides by a long list of people.

Either way he did not care. Origin will huff, puff and growl at him for another two weeks. Then she’d be nice for twenty four hours before finding another reason to hate him. It was all routine. Either way they were going to depart from Azrian tomorrow, the division lead by him. She’ll have to put up with him unless if she chose to leave the army.

With a sigh he turned back to the crowd, eyes momentarily resting on the blind one closest to him, already liking her for the sharp comment. She was blind, as he could see, and of dark origins, sensing the aura about her. There were so many dark mages about… how was he ever going to know who could be trusted, and not. But for now, he’d first have to clarify that Govan was no longer captain of his squadron, and gather all his men.

He spoke to the throng of onlookers, scanning their faces. “All those who serve under Captain Govan, report to the barracks at dawn, where you will receive further instructions. We will leave Azrian tomorrow morning.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:26 pm

Histlan's lips parted slightly as Origin past and began leaving without a word. Her approach had not worked at all it seemed. Her lips pushed together again in a frown and a hand raised up to meet her face as she pressed her gloved fingertips against her cheek and forehead, pushing under her hood slightly as though it was in an attempt to help ease some sort of pressure. She thought over it all quickly, agitated, why would it have worked? As a younger woman she would not have responded well to a sudden lecture from a woman she did not know other than passing, despite what truths or neccessitites lay in it.

She shook her head slightly but then turned it towards Ivaylo as he tried to ease the situation sympathetically for her. She could not see the slight curve on his lips, but she could hear the tone in his voice that went along with it and no matter how subtle it always painted a good figurative picture for her. She chanced a small smile back though it was still unhappy in its own way, she'd tried. "Thank you." Her reply more genuine than the curve of her lips. "But perhaps had I..." She breathed out and lowered her chin slightly, she hadn't and that was that, so she did not continue. "Nevermind."

"I am sorry for dragging you out here, sir. I'd like at least exchange names though, for I am grateful for your efforts." She paused slightly, "I, myself, am Histlan."

She turned her attention back to Odei as he made his announcement though and seemed attentive once more to his words, mulling them over briefly before she concentrated on just which way Origin had gone off. She waited a moment, trying to decipher if his statement was all he had to announce, and wondering briefly if he needed any sort of medical attention as well. And the troops were heading out again in the morning? She was somewhat curious. She wondered if she should go after the girl though and try to reason with her being more civil that was. However, she shared Ivaylo's feeling of being out of place, feeling like maybe she'd already overstepped her bounds at this point.

She lowered her chin slightly but still looked to the other man in her sightless manner momentarily. "...Do you need any medical attention after all that?" She inquired.
Nick
Nick

Number of posts : 133

http://www.leighanief.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:47 pm

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 3 Newsce10

Origin turned in her sleep, waking with a start as the first rays of dawn peeped through the window. She rubbed her hip. It hurt something awful after all of that trekking through the woods she'd done the day before, in order to blow off steam. How dare he! Now she didn't know where Vasquiri had run off to, she wasn't sure if he'd even come back.

She sat up on the cot and held her face in her hands, mulling over her feelings for a moment, when she heard a sound at the door
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:07 pm

((Hurst))

“Origin, you decent?” Hurst rapped on the door lightly, and waited for an answer… for a split second. Deciding he tried enough with the etiquette, he burst into the room, a wide grin on his face. “Found you!” He chirped, alcohol of the night before obviously still in his veins, contributing to cheerfulness of what would otherwise have been a cranky, lined and green face, the usual morning glory of his. He trotted across the room to stop before Origin, eyes sparkly and bright, though he did not yet try to sleep all night. He could always ‘sleep’ on the way to the next town, right there on the horse’s back. He had developed the remarkable capability of riding a horse while being completely unconscious all the while remaining upright and appearing to be awake, save for lowered eyelids and drool from a horribly gaping mouth. Luckily, the horse was smart enough to follow his comrades.

“Did you hear? We’re moving! I was looking all over for you! Ran from barracks to infirmary until they told me you were here at the inn. We’re going to Ahila!”

Why this particular news was an absolute joy, was a mystery to everyone save him… at least until he sobered up… then he too wouldn’t care less. “And guess who’s the new captain of our regiment?”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:11 pm

"Killinbrong?" she asked groggily, shooting him a glare. It bounced off of his drunken countenance with barely a notice. She wasn't quite sure if he'd even notice that she spoke of a mythical frog for that matter. He was too far in his cups to notice.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:36 pm

((Hurst))

Hurst held back an exaggeratedly excited chuckle… sounding more like a snort… then unable to hold it in any longer, he went on to brighten the day of his beautiful comrade with the exciting, wonderful news of the changes that have been going on while she slept.

“No!” He roared with triumph! “It’s our old dog BARAN! HE’S CAPTAIN!!!!! Do you know what that means? As buddies of his, we’ll get privileges! POWAH, BABEH!”

He then danced his little quaint dance of victory.

Hurst was Odei’s best, self-proclaimed ‘buddy’ since over three months ago… and still did not get it that the ‘old dog’ could not tolerate the young man.

Odei observed the on-goings as he rode high on Obsidian; now back to his usual horse form, picking his way between the troops of what would be his master’s regiment. How bizarre… usually when Odei was arrested it was followed by first an escape from authorities, and second a migration to the next town. So how is it this time he gets locked up and is rewarded with the title of Captain and over ninety men to order around?

Obsidian cared not for reasons, but onlu hoped that any disobedient men would be punished by being fed to him. But he knew better… bloody Sagan. Odei ought to quite playing the role of human and be the bloody Surdan that he is!

A tug on the reins silenced Obsidian’s train of thought, Odei guiding him towards a group of soldiers packed and ready as they tied their sacks to the saddles of their waiting horses. Odei bruhed the small flakes of snow from his face with his sleeve, looking down at them. They were the same bunch he had met earlier, and had only learned their names last night. “Leave your tents…” he said, addressing Sachial, Calcifer, Histlan and Ivaylo. “Our journey won’t last longer than a day, and they have barracks ready for us at Ahila. There you will receive new ones.”

Strangely enough, Odei felt no urge to ditch his title as captain and make a run for it… but he knew this was just the beginning, and this army was terribly disorganized, it’s members made up of quite a few souls inexperienced with battles and wars… Odei practically was raised in battle… but was not sure about leading one…

He’ll be losing his head later. For now, he would just relax.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:53 pm

Origin smirked and shook her head. Odei wouldn't lead a potato out of an over turned sack if he had the choice. She wondered what Vasillos had done to corner him so quickly, probably held the Abaddon incident over his head. She'd learned of the outcome of the battle from Hurst, who was, as usual, drowned in ale the night before.

She wouldn't put it past Odei to create some massive black hole of destruction, but for all that he teased her about Hurst's drunken doting, why should he have been suprised by Vasquiri?

She slipped out of bed, leaning heavily on her walking stick, ignoring Hurst's valiant heroics and stumbling attempts to cart her off to her mount.

She wandered out of the door, heading towards the stables in search of whatever mount was handy. She couldn't stand being stuck in a wagon, which is no doubt what Histlan or Calcifer or that dark fellow, Ivyalo or whatsit, would force her to do if given the chance. Clucking hens, all of them. Odei knew better. She gave him that much credit.

Finding a chesnut gelding, she allowed a stable boy to aid her into the saddle . Taking a moment, she decided to ride side-saddle, so that hte constant swaying of her beast wouldn't harm the sore hip any more.

She kicked the horse out into the lightly falling snow, readjusting herself to the feeling of riding a horse. She trotted along amiably for a moment, lost in thoughts of the once stranger she'd met the previous day.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next