Dark Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two: The Auran.

+12
Penthar
Kath
Starlyght
Mathias
Mistress-Inu
Chi
daccat
Erin
xxcalciferxx
Admin
Nick
TaiKitsune
16 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 15 Empty Re: Chapter Two: The Auran.

Post by Xazz Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:56 pm

Kid gasped suddenly sitting up from the light sleep she'd managed to fall back into for a few dozen minutes. Her hood thrown back in the process her eyes glowed in the darkness. "Vi," she whispered, she could feel her skin covered in goosebumps. But there was no answer from the spirit, and the shadow puppets had vanished into air. "Violin," she said again calling out with her mind as well as voice. She searched for the spirit's presence in her mind but wasn't able to locate it at first. Only after a moment did she feel the dark spirit's weak presence in the back of her conscienceness. 'Violin,' she called with her mind to the spirit.

Slowly Violin came back to the front of her mind. She could feel the spirit's terror, she'd never felt Violin feel this frightened. "What it is little one?" she asked in a whisper.

'She- she is awake, I can feel her,' they hissed. Kid blinked, she'd never heard them speak like this.

"Who?"

'A... a goddess... to some,' they said, 'A light goddess... she terrifies me so. Please, let us leave,' they begged.

Kid stood up not bothering with her hood, "Why does she terrify you?" she asked softly and began walking, her small feet hardly making a mark on the fresh snow. "Why would a light goddess bother with you?" and she laughed slightly.

Violin was silent, 'We are traveling away from her, right?' Violin asked quivering.

"Yes," said the girl and nodded.

'Goood, I hope... she didn't sense me.'

"Why would she be after you?" Violin didn't answer her question, Kid came to the understanding it was one of those 'don't talk about it' topics they had. "Why do you fear her?"

'She is one to be feared,' Violin whispered.

Kid sighed and stopped, she couldn't feel the presence of what was making Violin so jumping and putting Kid on edge as well. After-all, she was a Umbrovian, she could only feel others like her. But Violin appeared to be able to, she wondered why. It should have been impossible for them to, as they were what made her an Umbrovian in the first place, she was the dark spirit. "How do I even know I'm going the right way; I could be walking to them," Kid pointed out.

'You were going the right way, the being is behind us,' they said shaking.

"Good to know," and Kid turned on her heel and started walking the other direction where Origin was located.

'WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!' the poor spirit shrieked in utter dismay and misery. 'Go the other way.'

"Nope," Kid only said and blocked out Violin's further protests. She figured she'd know where this being was from the reaction her own body made. Tainted as she was by Violin's dark magic, she reacted to the strong presence of Light magic, such as hair standing up, goosebumps, butterflies, prickling scalp, quickened heart beat, etc etc.

And she did notice that as she walked, though she herself couldn't sense anything at all Violin must have because the goosebumbs wouldn't go away, and all over her body her hair was standing right on end. 'I wonder if she can sense us?' Kid thought putting a finger on her chin. T'was a reasonable question, if Violin could sense her, mayhap the Lumerian could sense Vi.

Xazz

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://ericanii.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:38 pm

"You have wings like mine, " The Nalu said sweetly, if one is fractured, I can heal it, but I do not know how to move these trees. If I heal you while you are down there, could you move the trees yourself?" Origin felt a prick of apprehension as a darkness began to approach. It was still unnerving to feel a darkness rising up behind her. Once it was close enough she breathed asigh of relief, it was not Him.

She quelled the visions of her husband and turned back to the trapped female."Perhaps this little child could help."

Origin turned to look at the dark child standing not too far off. From what she knew Umbrovians fought on the Yeidin side, and she could not really be sure who belonged to what side, but seeing as the little girl was wandering around aimlessly, she must see no danger in the Yeidin.

"Could you go find us some help Little One?" Origin began searching for a rock to hack at some of the limbs. She could call the wind to help move the mammoth conifers, but they were so precariously placed,it would probably cause the trapped female more harm.

Origin pulled a limb taut and pecked away at it with the sharp edge of a rock, hopefully if she worked her way down there she'd be able to roll the tree off of the female's wing, or prop it up in some way.

----
Vasquiri snarled at Sachieal, baring his teeth, "You know nothing of the Nalu."

Olorafien held up his arm to quiet his brother, "I gave him those wounds, and if he wants to battle for it, than we shall, but he was too blood hungry to notice, that time we did not wear Yeidin colors."

Xull'ayne and Nill'lyn were returned to their sheaths. Vasquiri looked incrdulously at his brother and returned Rhyl'fien and Zilv'rak. Olorafien turned to look at Vasquiri.

"The Nalu would not be pleased to know blood was shed between allies."

Vasquiri's mouth fell open. This was no the Olorafien he'd grown used to, the one that grew irksome and cranky if he went a day without a kill. This was his old brother, all of the darkness had vanished from his unsheilded eyes. The Nalu had healed more than bodily wounds.

As calmly as he had removed his guard, Olorafien turned his once deadly smile upon Sachieal.

"The Origin you know is dead"

[[dun dun duuuuuuuuun]]
Erin
Erin

Female
Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazz Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:16 pm

"This is what scared you?" Kid asked out loud, though not to loud. She'd since put her hood back up, not wanting people to see her glowing eyes. "I expected... I dunno, something more erm... magnificent?"

'Arra, please, let us leave, please,' the spirit begged.

'No, now hush, she doesn't seem to recognize you, so we should be fine,' she said calming the dark spirit down.

'Noooo, she knows, I know she does, please,' the darkling continued to beg.

'Stop being silly,' Kid practically ordered and stepped forward. "Lady," she said and motioned for Origin to cease what she was doing. "I'll get her," she said and smiled with the child-like innocence she'd retained despite her age, her small mouth the only visible part of her face. It took her a moment but she called upon the power she was granted by being one with an Umbrovian. Shadows curled around her hand before forming into a dagger over her hand and totally black. Like a spike shooting from her fist. She slid the dagger through the tree, "Please stay still Lady," she said to Vanity, "I don't want to accidentally cut you," she said and suddenly the point of the dagger came out the other side of the tree, with a grunt she lifted her arm up violently and the dagger sheared through the trunk and up into the air. The sudden shift in resistance caused her to get off balance and she tottered back and forth from one leg to another trying to regain her equilibrium.

Because of the way the trees were slanted above her and the cut Kid had made the trees above Vanity split in two. Before they could fall on top of the winged woman Kid suddenly regained her stability and forced magic from her bare hand. Which spread out from her fingertips. They swarmed under the logs before ripping them upwards and sending them flying. The exertion of magic left Kid winded though and she was now struggling to catch her breath. It was like this after she'd used big magic; she felt like she'd been kicked in the chest a few times, her breath totally gone.

'Arra?' Violin asked softly, 'are you okay?'

"Yes," she replied struggling to re-catch her breath. "I just... need to sit," and she fell back onto the snow and ice covered ground "Are you okay Lady?" she panted to Vanity now that the trees were off her.

Xazz

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistress-Inu Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:42 pm

Vanity blinked slowly up at the woman towering above her, curious. Hadn't she seen this one before, somewhere along the journey here...? She did look familiar. Before she could question the woman's familiarity, or speak at all for that matter, attention had been turned away and towards a young girl, who had reached the trees before Vanity's gaze even averted. In silence, she watched the child—at least, that's what she could gather from where she lay—grow closer, and once more she lost the chance to speak as she saw a dark blade form in the young girl's hand. Vanity's first thought was that this girl was on the side of the enemy, considering the astonishing amount of darkness Vanity sensed emanating from within her small form, but the young one's actions convinced her otherwise.

As the weight of the trees vanished within seconds, Vanity rose so that she sat on the snow-and-blood-speckled ground, her left wing spread slightly while the other, the injured one, drooped over her arm that held it from touching the earth. She turned her head to examine what she could of it, and found it was in unfavorable condition. Feathers rustled, some lost, it was noticeably damaged: Light flecks of blood were spattered faintly over the inside, close to where the wing joined her back, with the occasional smudge of dirt and mud here and there. Bruises were evident over the back, where the tree had made contact; and somewhere within it, a bone was most likely out of place, though it didn't seem noticeable from the outside.

Vanity lifted her dark eyes up to the girl as she was addressed, blinking once, slowly, as her curiosity rose to a higher level. Even as an angel, she hadn't seen or heard of such an ability, especially for one so young. She does have a dark energy about her, though... Grateful for the help, Vanity smiled warmly at the younger girl and the woman nearby. "I am better now," she replied. "You both have my thanks." She turned her gaze back to her wing, effortlessly continuing to let her arm support it. "However, there is still the matter of healing what's been disturbed on the inside." Vanity gingerly brushed her free hand over the injured wing, careful to barely skim her fingertips over the feathers. She couldn't feel the pain now, after having a mysterious numbness sink into her body, but she had no doubt it'd be back eventually.

Mistress-Inu

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazz Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:13 am

"You're welcome," said Kid and closed her eyes behind her hood. She hadn't used strong magic like she just had in some time, separated as she was from normal beings. She was definitely out of practice. She remembered at one time she would have able to cut the trees with enough force the first time so they fell up and off instead of crashing down. She knew she hadn't gotten weaker. Then she remembered, Violin's feelings also had effects on her other then physical. Their worry and panic she suddenly realized was having a serious effect on how powerful she was at the moment.

Finally now catching her breath Kid looked up at woman standing. Though not looking to menacing she was the one making Violin freak out. She wondered what she could do. She could feel no overwhelming power coming from her... well, maybe from the way she was standing, she did seem highly confident. The girl pursed her lips in thought. Wondering why Violin found her to be so threatening.

Xazz

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:10 am

Origin looked critically at the wing and rolld up the sleeve of her left arm, "This is delicate business. Wing bones are light and airy. You will not feel a thing."

She grasped both ends of the fractured wings and straightened them out, carefully locking them back into place. If the birdwoman did not have numbness in her wings, it would have been an extremely painful procedure.

She examined the wounds and bruises, calculating how much would be needed for healing. After she was finished, she pulled a wayward feather from Vanity's ruffled wings and pricked the center of her wrist, drawing a tiny drop of silver-red blood into the quill. Carefully she painted the blood over the wound and put her hands over it. Below her hands, on the wide portion of the wing, feathers began to realign, and bruises began to fade in a matter of seconds. Origin held on for four minutes, waiting on the intricate muscles to reattach and entwine correctly. Then she removed her hands and wiped them on the front of her shapeless tunic.

"All better," she turned to the small child, her smile radiant "Thank you for moving those heavy trees, Violin and Child."
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:11 pm

Sachieal's mouth fell agape. The Origin you know is dead.....

"Did she fall in battle? I wouldn't think her one to... die... out here." Sachieal set his weight to one leg and furrowed his brow. The Origin you know is dead.

Sachieal gritted his teeth and shuddered. This was just too much.

"Then where's the Origin I don't know?"

TaiKitsune

Male
Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:27 pm

Vasquiri shrugged, "She does as she will."

Olorafien chuckled,"She'll show up soon enough, once we find a place to dispose of that corpse."
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:49 am

Sachieal's face hid his apparent shock. The two seemed so at ease with Origin's death. Always more questions then answers.... Sachieal's thoughts wandered for a moment.

"I take it you two can handle her burial." Sachieal bowed his head. "I'm going to attempt to find a few others." On that, he turned, and began to make his way toward the main battlefield.

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazz Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:30 am

Kid's eyes widened behind her hood and a grown crossed her youthful face, how could this woman know of Vi.

'Arra,' Violin whailed.

'Quiet,' the girl snapped angrily. Her anger seemed to startle the spirit into submission. Kid had not been angry at Violin in a long time.

Kid stood up and stared up at Origin causing her hood to fall back slightly enough to show her glowing eyes. "Who are you?" she demanded. She could feel sweat rolling down her arms, though she wasn't frightened or nervous, it was Violin's emotions causing her own body to ignore her true thoughts. "And how do you know me? I have never seen you in my life," and her glowing eyes narrowed. She wished it was light out, so her eyes wouldn't glow, but... she had no control over the time.

Xazz

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Olorafien shrugged and continued searching through the forest for a place of four.

----
"Who are you?" the child demanded of her, looking rather terse.

Origin's lips curled into a sweet smile as she opened her mouth and a torrent of words too lyrical to be repronouced spilled out. She was speaking her sixteen four syllable names, a spell that if said with the correct intentions could rip any demon from its host and cause it to shrivel into inexsistance, and put a fear of the gods into any dark magician.

Luckily for Arra, she said the incantation as only a name, but the wind did rustle quite menacingly about as she spoke.

"But you upperworlders may call me Origin," she held out a hand to shake, "You should ask your Violin how I know about him. He is being quite secretive about many things it seems. He has not even told me your name."

[[History revealed #5: Origin's real name is 16 words long and each word has 4 syllables or letters when written in elisett. Origin is no where in her name, but her hubby calls her the beginning or the Origin of love (blegh, sentimentality) when he's feeling friskay Twisted Evil . Her real name ends with 'Nalu, or beloved. When Vasquiri called for her he used a fourth of her name four times. If he used the whole thing, the hubby would have come and stabbed him in the face, grabbed Origin and carted her off to Ja Brea. Fun. Also, times like these Origin's glowy eyes came in handy. Their behind the blind fold because if she were to look into the Kid's eyes, she might kill Violin and the child because they'd be linked in a really weird way (is this a good reason for Violin's fear xazz? I'm winging it here). She uses them to scan souls, thats how she knows Violin's being secretive. She's been asking the child's name.]]
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazz Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:11 pm

((I'd say that's a good reason for Vi to be freaked out over Origin XD))

'Vi?' Kid asked she seemingly unfazed by Origin's name and the way the wing whirled though she couldn't deny the fact that her pulse had quickened on her accord.

'Arra, please,' the spirit quivered. They did not know what Kid wanted them to say, 'I don't want to be taken from you,' was all they could say pitifully. 'She will though, she can,' they hissed.

But the child did not respond to the dark spirit. Instead she stared at Origin some more and the hand she offered, but did not take it. Something in her tainted core warned her against touching a being so saturated in Light Magic. "I don't care," she said brashly, "Vi can keep secrets from me all it likes. They are one with me, and that is all I care about," though her eyes were no longer narrowed the same frown crossed her face. "And if Violin doesn't want you to know my name, then I don't think you have the honor to know it; so, you can just call me Kid," she stated.

Xazz

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:37 pm

It. Another filthy upperworld term that she despised. It was so abrupt, and she did not like using it, nor did she understand the context the child was usuing it in, surely the being was dark, so did it not deserve the heavier term? She'd have to ask around later. And weren't kids baby goats? THis child did not have a beard and hooves. How strange.

Sweet, foolish child. If she truly wanted to know, she'd know everything. She could learn the memories even the child could not recall in her wildest dreams. The child would learn eventually, until then, she could build her relation ship with the demon inside of her.

Origin's smile held a hint of deadliness. It was smart that the child did not touch her. In her attempts to show the upperworld sign of peace, she'd forgotten, most dark beings feared her touch. The reason for this fear though, she'd forgotten.

"You shall learn,"she said, her tunic rustling with the sound of wind picking up. The sharp tips of her feathers tore through the back of the cloth and allowed her large dove wings to unfurl.

"I do believe they've found a burial place. I must take my leave now Jharral."She flapped them lazily, and with a push that seemed rather gentle she took off into the air, leaving a crater of snow and dust in her wake.

[[Don't get confuzzled, Jharral is the Elisett word for 'little girl child', but when pronouced correctly it sounds like 'Yarra' which can be misconstrued as 'Arra'. The male form is Jharrun or 'Yarun'.. maybe i'll post an elisett dictionary.]]
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazz Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:55 pm

At the first sight of Origin's wings Kid jumped back pulling her hood up and over her eyes to protect them from the light coming from them. "I must take my leave now Jharrel," Origin's fluty voice said and Kid's eyes widened in shock behind her hood and raised arm. Then when she finally lowered her arm she saw Origin was gone, only leaving a crater behind her.

"Goddess above," the girl whispered looking up at the sky. When she'd been young before her family had been killed she and her family had followed a Goddess of their faith, a rather vengeful goddess though she was she was also very strong; one named Sreksam. And though Kid did not follow her as closely as she used to (mainly because most of the temple and shrines to her were far in the East where she haled from) she did still consider herself a follower of Sreksam. "Time for a fire storm, guard me from its wrath," she finished. It was a prayer for Sreksam, as she was closely tied to fire and elemental fire magic.

'I told you,' Violin whispered through her mind.

'She's leaving though,' said Kid. 'How did she know my name?' she asked.

'She doesn't... not yet,' the spirit said, while though still frightened they were calming down. 'Its another word for girl-child,' they said. 'And if I have it my way she will never know your name. She is a horrible light being as curropt as any umbrovian,' they hissed.

'Don't worry, I don't like her,' Kid said.

'What of the angel?' Violin suddenly asked changing subjects she knew because it left them feeling uneasy.

Kid went over to Vanity warily avoiding the crater Origin had created. "Lady?" she asked, "I do hope you aren't alone out here. Wicked Umbrovian's roam through here."

Xazz

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:20 pm

Vasquiri and Olorafien sheilded their eyes as Origin landed before them, in all her winged glory. They'd finally found a place of four, a snow covered meadow with a grove of four trees that each had four bare branches. It had taken even longer to dig out a burial space and prepare the runes for the ceremony.

It would be a huge fire, what with the 16 trees they'd felled to build the pyre, and all of the oil they'd managed to get a hold of. The twisted corpse lay in the center of the pyre, several feet above the ground, awaiting the first spark.

"Why didn't you fools go and collect more Yeidin," she demanded, crossing her arms and rumpling her mouth at them, "It is not kind to send one comrade off without the others."

"They do not believe in the Elisett way here My Lady," Vasquiri said with quivering tongue, "We thought it better to leave it to their own kind."

"Their own kind allow bodies to freeze in the snow. It is pitiful." Origin huffed a bit, then regained her composure.

Olorafien took it as permission to light the spark that would send the child's body to the otherside, where she could live in peace. With a snap of his fingers, a tiny spark lept from his nails to the well oiled pyre, the tiny flame climbed up the timbers and into the platform, causing it to erupt into a blinding white, and a duller red, wrapping the torn corpse in a blanket of fire.

Olorafien and Vasquiri clamped their hands over their ears. only an Elisett could hear the particular tone of Origin's deathsong, and it was a beautiful pain to the Umbrovian sect. It was a siren song to the Umbrovian Elisett, They would fall into the Otherworld if they listened too closely to a Lunalisett's deathsong. The least she could have done was warn them so they could have gotten away.

Vasquiri sat down cross legged beneath the raised pyre, holding his ears down and grimacing, ignoring the wisps of fire that fell down over his head. Olorafien joined him as well. They would sit there beneath the pyre until daybreak, when the body was no more than ashes above their heads.

[[xazz u meany pants. Origin isn't mean, her hubby is the mean one. She just doesnt take any bulls---.]]
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistress-Inu Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Vanity had no trouble letting Origin work about her damaged wings. At first she expected to feel more pain, despite the numb sensation spreading throughout her body, but there was none. This made the thought of losing her ability to fly dissipate. Even as an angel, Vanity had no knowledge of healing—yet another fault that made her "imperfect".

As Origin finished, Vanity turned her head to look at both wings, ran her fingers carefully over the feathers, being firm in some areas and gentle with others. A satisfied smile came to her face as she found there was not a feather or bone out of place anymore, and she looked up to see Origin already taking off. This made Vanity curious: Strange... The wings look similar... She wondered inwardly to herself if Origin was an angel of some sort. Or, simply, if Origin was the same angel. Only... perfect.

Suddenly, a bit of realization came to Vanity. Does she know what I am? ...I forgot to ask she not mention my wings to anyone, damn.

Vanity sighed inwardly to herself, scolding her negligence. At least, it was negligence to her—she wasn't supposed to reveal what she truly was down here, not yet. To let her identity slip even once was poorly idiotic, thoughtless... imperfect.

"Fool, pay more attention!"

Vanity cringed slightly. That thing was in her own head, yet she could never sense when it was going to speak—or, rather, in this situation, snap at her. It was... quite unnerving, to put it blatantly.

At the sound of the child's voice, Vanity carefully—and a bit slowly—turned her gaze to the girl, and forced a small smile. "I am not quite alone, dear," she replied quietly, and then rose to her feet. "I do know a couple of others nearby. However, I do thank you for your concern, and again for your help." Then, a bit cautiously, she reached a hand out, palmed turned upward, towards the girl, her face gentle but firm. The smile was gone; her eyes were meaningful and full of curiosity. But, she could sense the dark aura about this one, still, even after the little one had helped. Vanity was automatically on-guard around any being that beheld a dark sense to them. That explained her paranoia: There was darkness within her own soul, somewhere, and it threatened to erupt every day if she wasn't careful. Especially if she wasn't careful.

"I'm Vanity," she said gently, hoping she could still gain even a sliver of the child's trust, with that strange aura of hers and all.

Too bad she hadn't heard the conversation between the child and Origin, else she'd be more suspicious and probably know better.

Mistress-Inu

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazz Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:52 pm

Kid smiled her glowing eyes hidden. She did not like to show them to people. Even looking at them herself made her feel ill at ease. Her smile was quite warm. Kid only waved a hand over Vanity's quickly; palm down. It was an old way of greeting from the East where people who were not family usually did not touch one another. "You may call me Kid, or Doll... or well, anything you prefer actually," she said still smiling. "I am not to picky," and she gave a quick bow. "My momma always used to tell me to not leave a wounded around to fend for there self, perhaps I could accompany to your group so my own honor would be at ease?"

Xazz

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistress-Inu Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:38 pm

Vanity blinked slowly and thoughtfully at Kid for a moment, her thin brows raised slightly at the child's words. Whatever she preferred? Did she not have a name? Curiosity provoked many questions about the girl in Vanity's mind, but the angel decided not to ask them now. Privacy was to be respected, not pried into, and it was no different for a girl so young.

Vanity's smile grew warmer. "Your mother is wise," she said. "My father taught me the same." She then stopped to consider Kid's inquiry. True, she was just a youngling, and she did help remove the trees before Vanity was crushed, but it was the dark aura about her that was throwing Vanity off. Could there really be so much darkness in one little girl? Then again, maybe she was being deceived. No other "normal" child could have lifted those trees... Maybe Kid was a strange sort of magic being, even if darkness was excluded. However, thinking back to just moments ago, Vanity knew it would be considerate to let the little one come along with her.

Finally nodding, she answered, "You may come if you wish, my dear Kid." Then she glanced back to her wings, still spread, and turned her dark eyes back to the girl. Before she forgot, she knelt down in front of Kid and touched one of the wings behind her with a careful hand. "Would you promise me something, however?" Vanity asked, and then tilted her shoulder towards the child a bit so Kid could get a better view of her wings close up. "These were hidden before we were attacked. I... intentionally sealed them, so that no living soul here would see them." She turned back to face Kid fully, eyes locked firmly to the girl's face, as her hood was hiding her eyes from view. "I must ask that you not mention them to anyone. It... It is important." Vanity was not begging. She could not, however, risk having the others find out what she was. As far as anyone else knew, most likely, she was just another woman, soldier, possibly a mage of sorts. If anyone near Sachieal found out, well, she might as well draw a blade on the spot and explain herself, then get the hell back to Heaven.

((Haha, Vanity has a lot to learn about the fact that not ALL dark beings are evil. :p And yes, that last sentence was intentional.))

Mistress-Inu

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazz Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:10 pm

Kid nodded, "Of course. I know all about secrets," and she rocked back on her heels for a moment, "I don't feel it is ever the place of a confident to reveal them," and she smiled a bit. "Shall we go Miss Vanity? I bet your comrades are wondering if you're dead. There was just a fight after all."

Xazz

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:10 am

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

Each impact of Kyrylo's hooves on the sanguine snow caused an explosion of sound amid the deafening silence. Or at least that's how Kiev's numbed senses perceived it. Never had he seen such horrors. Sure, he'd heard stories of combat, all of them emphasizing a blood-soaked battlefield, slain and dying soldiers, but also a sense of pride and victory in those who survived. The first two items were spot-on; the third, however, seemed absolutely ludicrous. There was no pride or victory here. It made Kiev feel strangely empty inside.

They had happened upon the tracks of a very large party some days earlier. Wagons, horses, footprints . . . Perhaps another band of refugees on the way to safer lands. Curiosity willed Kiev to follow. Damn it. It was like the mammoth's fatal attraction to the summer's water hole concealing asphalt.

Cazajo cried out once, a hauntingly beautiful sound. Her dirge found no appreciative ears. She remained silent after that. Even Kyrylo, who normally had a grunt or a snort for everything, was oddly quiet. Both beasts seemed to understand the gravity of the situation.

Kiev's unseeing eyes saw movement far to his left. A man. He subconsciously gave Kyrylo the command to gallop in that direction. Thankfully the bull had no intention of breaking more than a quickened walk. His insentient rider would've probably fallen from his back. As they drew nearer, Kiev seemed to become reanimated. He tugged gently but firmly at the reins and they stopped.

The boy appraised the figure from a distance still. Blonde, with skin like pure marble. Blue eyes . . . He never saw many blue eyes in Iskland, nor blonde hair for that matter. Fascinating.

Funny I should be intrigued by such superficial things at a time like this, he almost inwardly laughed. Then he did laugh, aloud. His hand flew to his mouth in surprise at the abrupt bark of a sound. But he kept right on chuckling--it was just so damned funny!

Wait. What?

Gods, this horrifying experience was screwing with him. Okay, focus. Kiev shook his head to clear it and resumed his approach. As he drew up alongside the pale man, a motley of thoughts came spilling past his lips in a mix of Eslin and Isken. He wasn't even sure if he'd caught the guy's attention before he began his prattling. He finally composed himself enough to shut up and reevaluate the circumstances. There was an awkward pause as it occurred to him that this man was heading for the battlefield with an air of purpose. Kiev cleared his throat and uttered his first coherent sentence in several minutes:

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

((Don't worry, Tai--Kiev isn't mancrushing on Sachi. XDD He's just seriously tripping out. And as an afterthought, we'll say Kiev's trimmed Kyrylo's antlers down to, say, four feet across so he can get through trees.))
Azure
Azure

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-03

http://ludicrous-lullabies.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistress-Inu Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:16 pm

Vanity smiled again and stood to her full height, nodding. "We shall," she said, "but please wait a moment."

Placing both hands, one over the other, upon her collarbones, Vanity exhaled lightly before calmly shutting her eyes, and her already pale face looked even lighter than before. Inaudibly, words began to softly spill from her lips, though they appeared to barely move. A faint, silvery light seemed to illuminate from between her fingers, from underneath her palms. At the same moment her wings seemed to disappear: A transparent, liquid-like film draped over each wing carefully, then they faded from view. Vanity opened her eyes and let her hands drop to her sides as she stood there, just as she had arrived to the troops days before. Not a feather, a single trace, was left of the wings she had hidden.

With a friendlier smile, she said, "Alright then, let's be off, dear Kid."

Mistress-Inu

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazz Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:39 pm

"That was pretty," said the girl her mouth formed into the proper awe shaped lines. "Please lead on Miss Vanity," she said.

Xazz

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:17 am

Sachieal surveyed the damage with the occasional cringe or grunt of disapproval. He felt at least somewhat responsible for what happened. How could he have let this happen? He should have been more alert, should have seen them coming. At the least, he hadn't found the bodies of any more of his closer companions. Sachieal sighed to himself. What was he doing now, playing favorites with the dead?

At this rate, he'd never get back.

He walked a bit further, found a stump, and sat upon it. He rested his head in his hands and fumed. He would be more prepared next time. There wouldn't be a next time. He groaned and looked up to see two figures making their way toward him.

He smiled a great smile. It looks as if she's safe!

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:38 am

Kiev watched as the pale man marched mutely by without half a glance. He sighed, resting his face in his palm and shaking his head. I am such a friggin' spazz. Alright, enough of this. He slid off Kyrylo's massive back and began stomping around the snow. When he found a soft, deep drift, he removed his shirt and threw himself into it. Ignoring his body's protests, he rolled about a few times. He then picked himself up and, with trembling hands, reached into Kyrylo's saddlebag and pulled out a vial containing small, greenish-brown leaves. He rolled these into a ball and stuffed it greedily into his mouth. The juices tricked down his throat as he chewed and his body began to warm again. Just enough to ward off hypothermia, anyway.

Once the shivering became less violent Kiev put his shirt back on. He untied the fur around his waist and draped it over his shoulders. There. Now he was in a clear state of mind. He remounted his bull and urged him into a swift trot. Cazajo, perched on one of the trimmed antlers, spied the pale man sitting on a stump some several yards away, two females approaching him, and cooed. Her master glanced in that direction without breaking pace.

"No, girl," he said. "Let's just find where the army is stationed and see if we can be of any help . . . provided these are indeed the Yeidin. I think it's safe to assume an extra healer would be appreciated," he added as an afterthought.

((Feel free to stop him for any reason, if you wish. Otherwise I won't have anything else to say for a while. XD))
Azure
Azure

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-03

http://ludicrous-lullabies.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:57 pm

((FINALLY guys I’m tempting to type up a post, though it’s taken a lot of effort, I just don’t have an ‘RP-able’ mind these days, so it’s kind of a boring post, but I’m trying to move things forward. If I’ve moved too soon and you guys still want to continue where you left off, then tell me and I’ll save this up for later))
Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 15 Newsce10

Time Jump: a good seven hours or so past the battle, early dawn.

((Odei))

It was only about two to three hours ago that the Yeidin army had finally lay to rest after working seemingly endless hours into the night to bring their camp back to order; the wounded were healed back to considerable normalcy what with the help of healers’ magic, those suffering from far worse injuries were tended to and wrapped in bandages soaked with healing and purifying salves. Debris were discarded into a heap out of harms way, and finally the fallen – of both allies and enemies- were collected and buried with the quick efforts of elemental mages who cleared the ice and cracked open the grounds, saving the soldiers both precious time and energy to dig graves.

It was only after a respectful, swift ceremony to the fallen warriors did the men and women seek some rest, and within a few minutes the camp fell silent with sleep.

That is, not all would find sleep so easily. Odei’s body would not cease to throb with pain, leaving him no chance to close his eyes and dream. His mortal flesh and blood burned, objecting against the work of the Surda within him, now moving without restraint like some living, liquid creature beneath his skin, working fast at healing the burns and injuries of its vessel, causing the color of his skin to shift from dark bronze to a ripple of pure black. Though Odei no longer hid his origins from those around him, for now the Lumerians were learning to accept Umbrovians – of all genres, he was still thankful that most of the army lay asleep, thus he was spared the curious stares. He silently picked his way through the sleeping men, careful not to make noise as he aimlessly prowled the camp, unable to stay put despite his pain and exhaustion.

Pure darkness slowly gave way to a grey morning fog, and Odei understood that he would have to awaken the men and women again after only a few minutes; tiered, ailing or not, the regiment would have to move faster now, their numbers considerably less than that of the day before, they would need to reach either the next Yeidin town or return to Ahila as soon as possible so as not to risk any more confrontations with the Sudao.

An Umbrovian officer, just having newly acquired his rank due to the passing of the previous officer stood watch, Odei approached him, speaking in low tones instructing him to spread the word to others in command that it was time to awaken their men. This morning should have been the first day of early training before setting off again... but things had not gone according to plan, and they would need the little strength they had left for travel. The officers and others in command setting off into action, and with the advantage of the dull morning light, Odei then took the opportunity to scan the sleeping faces around him searching for those he was most familiar with, for since the retreat of their enemies and until now he had only caught glimpses of the nymph, still guarding the carriages, Nemes and Sachial working to bring the camp to order...

but as for the others; histlan, Origin, the pale girl... Odei had seen no one and feared the worst.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 237

https://darkwars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next