Dark Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two: The Auran.

+12
Penthar
Kath
Starlyght
Mathias
Mistress-Inu
Chi
daccat
Erin
xxcalciferxx
Admin
Nick
TaiKitsune
16 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 10 Empty Re: Chapter Two: The Auran.

Post by Admin Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:25 am

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 10 3276
Odei’s brows lifted in surprise at Histlan’s misconception that he thought her a Surdan as well. That, he was certainly not implying as he did sense the darkness within her but could not determine what ‘kind’ of darkness. He laughed again at the comment, but the laugh was short and empty as he went on to assure her he would not so quickly brand her as one of his own. “I would know better than to go about and name others as Surdan… knowing how abhorrent that word is. What I intended by our ‘kind’ was that we are Umbrovian… in general… what type of dark magic you pertain to? I still don’t know. I cannot guess that simply by the colors of your Aura.” He meant what he said; even among the Umbrovians the Surdan magic was considered a temperamental viper that would strike at any unexpected moment, he would not go about fraternizing with others based off a commonness of the Surdan kind nor did he wish to do so ever again; he had done it before, and it cost him a precious life. ‘till this day, despite the black magic now staining every fiber within, Odei still thought himself a mere Sagan rather than a full fledged Surdan.

As for Odei’s perspective, Histlan still did not accept her fate, though he did not know her, did not know her story or of the dark thing that now grew within her; he felt the outcome could not be very different from his own history. Her revelation that it is the darkness embedded within her that would claim her as an umbrovian and caused her blindness amused him further as to how familiar her unvoiced story sounded to him. His own arm, concealed by the high glove that he now wore more out of habit rather than modesty, hid away the black markings, much like those about her face, and was where the Surdan had first come to exist within him.

She then asked him of why he offered her help despite how obviously capable she was regardless of her lack of sight. Odei did not doubt her will and potential, knowing she was without doubt more able than quite a few soldiers here who did have the full advantage of all their senses and limbs. And yet despite this, as she had guessed, he still instinctively feared for her safety… but why bring all his attention to her when there were many in the regiment that would need guidance? From the moment she crossed his path did Odei spot the slight gestures and habits that very much reminded him of himself and his past. His own assumptions and conclusions about Histlan could all be quite irrelevant to the truth, and yet it did not matter to him, feeling an instant familiarity with the complete stranger as he did. Perhaps a greater part of his reasons were born out of a simple need: a friend.

Odei feared that his ‘offer’ came off more as that he doubted her place within the regiment, and would not push the thought further. Despite her efforts and gestures not to snub him, Histlan’s own formality sent Odei once again back into the his shadows. “No, not at all.” He half-lied, answering her, voice clear before continuing on a more genuine note. “You can take care of yourself, that is obvious... and any training I go about offering to my soldiers, I do it for the strength of the army. Don’t worry about my time… there are officers and other captains to tend to their own men… this group…” he gestured towards the circle of people around them and the few beyond with his hand as if Histlan would see him doing so, “… is the group of people I must care for, and these alone… not all the other eighty delinquents here are to always be my full responsibility…” he joked as he attempted to change the discussion, yet not really meaning what he said; The people were not the best soldiers, but they were not a total loss either.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2007-11-22

https://darkwars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:24 am

Sachieal quickly bored with the sky. If I wanted to reminisce about that place, I'd be less willing to draw blood down here. Sachieal let out a long sigh at the thoughts of his plans. How would he ever hope to return in such a conflict? If this conflict ends with benefit for the world. Sachieal was quick to answer his own thoughts. If greatness in this world follows me.

He lazily gazed to the other soldiers. The girl who healed Origin, well, Sachieal did not know her name... But she seemed to be a good being, no darkness eminated from her form. A beacon of light in a pool of mud, how gracious. He'd meet the girl soon enough. He had yet to speak a word to her since the steak incident.

Sachieal pushed himself up silently, and swiftly . The next he found his piercing blue gaze upon was the girl, Vanity. Sachieal let out a low chuckle, the girl looked as if she was a considerable mound of fur. Like an oversized *kaajeerik... Sachieal chuckled to himself again, before his keen eyes found something odd.

Vanity's posture had changed. She lurched forward violently, her muscular yet petite arms clenched from underneath the furs. If Sachieal hadn't been keenly observing....watching....Sachieal sighed and corrected himself, Admiring the girl, then he wouldn't have noticed this slight change in her amazingly flawless posture.

Sachieal pushed himself up slowly, savoring the contraction and expansion of each muscle as his tall, slender form found itself above the crowd. He walked silently towards the girl, she seemed to be forcing her breathing. Odd, might she be having a panic attack? Sachieal cleared the distance between them quickly, and, not meaning to startle her, placed a hand softly on where he assumed her shoulder would be in all the fur.

Sachieal noticed, however, that her breathing had calmed and her posture had laxed itself considerably. Sachieal's curiosity got the better of him, however, and he gently lowered himself to kneel next to the girl. His hand still rested on her shoulder.

"Miss, I couldn't help but notice that you were having a bit of a fit there for a moment. Might it be something I could assist you with?" Sachieal gave the girl his biggest, warmest smile and chuckled a little. His voice was light and warm, as if speaking to an old friend, "I of all people know all too well about having instances of bursting rage, if that is what ailes you?"

*Kaajeerik: A small, hamsterlike creature with six legs.

TaiKitsune

Male
Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:38 pm

((Argh! I had like a 1/4 of it done up then my internet freaked out and I lost it >.< *starts re-typing* So I apologize if this seems at all rushed.))

“Ah, I didn't mean..." Histlan had not meant 'kind' as in Surdan, she as well had meant it in very general terms as Umbrovian, for in all her stubborn nature she did not consider herself one, making the distinction as an Umbrovian being a person who had chosen the dark arts and its way of life. Perhaps it was a good measure of how she had not accepted what was within her, but so far she'd lived well enough with her own definitions for these things and her own reasoning. She did not continue her thought out loud though, realising that doing so would probably just raise more questions, ones which she did not feel appropriate for discussion at the time. A bit of a crooked curve came to her lips though and she turned her face back to look toward him, setting her lower cheek against her shoulder and brushed some of the fur of her hood out of her features once more. "Never mind, it's inconsequential right now. So you're Surdan then?" She inquired, "I knew something about your darkness was different. I have only ever read of them in a few books before, with… perhaps questionable sourcing, we’ll say." She said with a bit more of a grin.

She listened to the rest of everything he said, clearing his throat after the ‘No, not at all’ before he continued, a little more comfortable after that it seemed. She arched an eyebrow slightly but propped her hand on the ground to support herself so that she was not facing over her shoulder as much at him but rather turned at the waist so her torso faced him once more as she continued to listen. She smirked as he paused and broke up his point a bit. “No wait, let me guess.” She said with a knowing sort of amusement, “After, ‘this group’ you motioned somehow, hm?” The notion of it didn’t bother her, rather she’d grown used to it over the years, people spoke with body language all the time, even when they clearly knew she could not see it, it was a sort of second nature. She did it too often enough, most could see her though, so it was just a bit of harmless fun she could pick at. She’d gotten fairly decent at picking up on many of the signs presented when people did certain types of it.

Histlan’s attention drifted from him a bit, as her expression went back to its default nature, and she wasn’t sure why exactly but she said it perhaps as a safety net, because in earnest she knew very little of Odei and he was her commanding officer. “Also, my apologies if I, at times, am perhaps too forward, especially with a ranking officer.” The slight curve to her lips returned but it was more of a sheepish nature now, all in all she seemed more amused with it more than anything. “I hear it’s a fault of mine.” She did on occasion, but it was mostly from men and even women who were at a loss for a rebuttal to her words.

Her brow furrowed slightly in concentration and then seemed to come back to ease. She leaned in slightly and said in a quieter voice. “But, I feel perhaps I should tell you, I think that woman to the right… your left. I believe she wishes to speak with you.” Her attention shifting over in Starlyght's direction subtly, using her chin as indication mostly.

Last edited by on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nick
Nick

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-11-23

http://www.leighanief.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistress-Inu Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Even as she felt Sachieal's hand and heard his voice, Vanity didn't raise her head. Her smooth curtain of black hair fell over her face as her chin remained tilted towards her collarbones, letting her concealed eyes rest on the silver pendant around her neck. She gazed over its polished surface, hoping to find some sort of solace in it... that of which might help push this terrible feeling of oncoming dread into the back of her mind. She was forcing good thoughts into her head, as a bit of a distraction from that... thing.

At Sachieal's words, she chuckled inwardly to herself. Rage... That's one way to put it. It was, really. That thing was constantly angry, infuriated in the worst mood with a nice helping of brutality and sprinkled with sarcasm. It was quite the opposite of her noble personality.

Hesitantly at first, Vanity lifted her head, inhaling long and deep before releasing that breath in a heavy sigh. Then she straightened up again, back to her former position with a stiff spine and a bit of a confident puff in her chest—even her chin seemed to be lifted a tad higher than normal. Vain indeed, foolish girl, she scolded herself blatantly, then turned her dark eyes up toward Sachieal. She blinked a few times, her thin eyebrows raising as she found how tall he still was, even on his knees. Damn, either I'm too short or he's a giant... She had the feeling it was the first option. As vain as she was, Vanity saw herself smaller than she probably was, the one part of her esteem that failed to boost to any higher level of reassurance.

Vanity forced a small smile, trying her best to appear as innocently cheery as possible. "It's nothing to worry about," she fibbed. "Really, sir, just a bit of bad memory, you could say." She grimaced briefly, but it was not because of her answer. Vanity was sickened with herself; even the tiniest lie—though, it did cover up something big—disgusted her. However, this was something she lied about often now. Since... well, whatever burst from her mind at unexpected times of anger, revealed itself in her childhood, Vanity was shunned by many to all for the problem. She didn't need anyone down here to criticize her for it, either. It was... unhealthy, as many of her old family friends would say.

Mistress-Inu

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:48 pm

[Starlyght I'm so sorry for taking so long being sick. I play both Leyla and Origin.]

"Come now Leyla," Origin said gently, lifting herself from the cushions in the coach. She'd been cooped up all day with the child, and it was beginning to smell like the ginger candy she'd been stuffing her face with the entire day. She was running out of puzzles to give the girl, and didn't have the equipment for a bigger set.

The girl popped up from her seat, and handed Origin the broomstick that was whittled down into a cane.

"Thank you," she said. Her hip didn't hurt as much now, but she wasn't going to spoil a good heal any time soon, but being stuck inside a small space all day, it drove her mad, even with the charming company of the small girl.

She held the child's hand as she stepped don out of the coach and looked around.
Erin
Erin

Female
Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlyght Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:26 pm

((I'm going to have Star meet you two for the first time even though I assumed it earlier, just so they can have a properly rped meeting))

Though Starlyght was watching Odei carefully, she was growing slightly tired of simply waiting for the two to finish their conversation. It was not that she did not respect that what they were discussing was likely far more important than Starlyght's intentions, but she simply disliked wasting time, and she considered sitting and twiddling her thumbs a waste of time, despite the practice in hand-eye coordination it offered. Just as Star's attention ventured around the camp for another way to utilize her time for now, the child she had heard so much about appeared from a coach along with a limping woman. Starlyght unfolded from her crouched position and made her way over to the pair, Silver close on her heels.

Once reaching the coach and intercepting the two's path, she bowed deeply and spoke with her foreign lilt, "Greetings young Leyla, and may I presume this is Origin? I am called Frozen Starlyght and have been assigned to the task of assisting the guardian Origin in whatever she decides is pressing." Starlyght's cold eyes looked to Leyla at that point, implying what she had truly been assigned, though not wishing to speak of it in the open. Though her glance was filled with the ice of her home, they were not cruel, and Silver quickly bounded towards the young girl in an attempt to play. This action brought a sly smile to Starlyght's pale lips, which altered her austere features into something close to a maternal expression. "That is, if you both wish to have me."
Starlyght
Starlyght

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-12-09

https://darkwars.forumotion.net/the-alliance-f3/frozen-starlyght-

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:25 pm

(keeping it short)
Leyla jumped for the little dog, barrelling over it with hugs and nuzzles. She tumbled about in the ground for a while, absorbed in the animal.

Origin rubbed her hip through the fabric of her skirt, eyeing the woman suspiciously.

"DO not raise your blade against the child, and I shall see no reason for you not to accompany us. I have no choice in the matter. The rogue chooses who she will."
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlyght Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:05 pm

((Silver's a fox :-) ))

Starlyght creased her brow at the response she recieved, delighted that Leyla found a friend in Silver, but sincerely puzzled by Origin. The suspicion in her gaze was understandable, but her words were not. Raise a blade against a child? The lunacy of the suggestion left the normally quick-thinking nymph at a loss momentarily. "I have no intention of harming the child I was charged to protect, and I do not in fact even possess a blade..." Her curiosity was only faintly portrayed in her voice, mostly simply matter of fact.

Nodding once again, however, Starlyght assumed her duty, glad to have something to do. She simply stood back and watched Silver and Leyla play, but she had a purpose once again.
Starlyght
Starlyght

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:37 pm

Sachieal studied the small girl with the greatest of inhuman attention. Either she's a bad liar, or she's just not too fond of doing it. He fought hard, and unsuccessfully to hold back a lopsided grin. No matter, what the lady says is word of truth enough for the likes of me. Not like this old demon's ever let out a lie.

Sachieal slowly removed his hand from Vanity's shoulder. "Well, Miss, I'll be over here...staring at the sky, I suppose...." He looked up at the ever darkening sky. "I'll be open for conversation, if you so wish."

Sachieal elongated his long form and walked back over to his patch of the ground and stretched out there, closing his eyes.

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistress-Inu Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:53 pm

Vanity watched him go without another word. Though, even as he'd returned to his former place, she didn't look away. Her eyes seemed to lock onto him, studying, prying. Her brows furrowed a tad to show this and her eyes narrowed a little, an indication that she was wondering in deep thought... too deep to realize she was staring. Such an odd man... He can't be a demon. It's not possible. Once more, she juggled the facts and the impossibilities in her head, trying to make sense of it all. The name, the appearance, they both fit perfectly... but the personality, the way he was so chivalrous and open, that did not suit the description she'd been given.

"What of him do you expect? He is a demon, simple as that—a bloodthirsty, filthy, disobedient demon. He should be quite noticeable."

Vanity found her expression had softened. She didn't seem to stare at Sachieal now, but instead, off into the space he filled. Then, slowly, her gaze seemed to sink lower, and grow darker than they were. How low she'd sunk, she thought, hunting someone down... and for something as selfish as being "perfect". Demon or not, he was still a soul, something she was supposed to cherish.

...Wasn't he?

Vanity blinked and slowly looked up again, with a small, frustrated sigh. Demons... don't have souls... It was a weak conclusion, and she didn't know if that were true or merely a convincing statement to keep her set on her goal. However, not long after the thought crossed her mind, Vanity brows quirked upwards suddenly, her eyes sparking with a light of realization. Before she knew it, she found herself lithely closing the distance between she and Sachieal, and just a second later was kneeling down beside him on one knee, perched over him as if she were a scrutinizing raven on a fencepost.

"Pardon me, sir," she said, polite and quiet as possible. "If I may..." Then, pausing for a second or two at first, she leaned down—slipping to both knees to make this easier. She leaned over close enough so that her face was just an inch or two away from his, and her eyes narrowed as she locked onto his. If he's lying, his eyes will give that away... It was something Vanity had learned to do when she wasn't sure of a person. Albeit, having lived among other angels for so many centuries, she never had to check those eyes, but the tactic was useful down here, where there were so many more lies and sins lurking about. "Just relax."

Mistress-Inu

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:55 pm

Sachieal opened his quicksilver eyes to the whim of the petite girl. He heard her approach. By Hell's will alone, or God's, Sachieal wasn't sure, he could have heard a pin drop midway through armageddon. Sachieal's mind was at rest, however, and he took no regard to whoever was approaching till the girl's falsetto pierced the air.

She pardoned her actions, which Sachieal assumed to be her knealing next to him. He was not entirely sadly mistaken, however, as she lowered herself to inches from him. Their faces within a hairsbreadth; Sachieal couldn't help but to feel the corner of his mouth raise. His Cheshire grin was lopsided, as was to be expected from such a Sadist as he.

Her eyes pierced his, as if to be a blade through his very soul. Her command, a simple one, to "relax" wasn't entirely as simple in Sachieal's mind. The girl's words held a glint of...something not entirely without ulterior motive. Odd, if I didn't know better, I'd say she were scrutinizing my gaze. Sachieal pondered the girl's intentions to himself. Her dark eyes narrowed, and as Sachieal smiled, he made a small mental note of their color.

Sachieal's voice came out soft, warm, with intention his words flooded forth between their perched forms. "They're not black, they're blue like the midnight sky. I didn't notice before." Sachieal blinked twice, thoughtfully, slowly, as if the action itself was a precursor to his next actions. "They're quite beautiful, Miss Vanity, and I do love peering into them. I have to inquire, however, as to what you're doing gazing into mine."

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:42 am

At Histlan’s words, Odei looked up and caught a glimpse of the newcomer’s face watching him just before she would turn away and walk towards the carriages some small distance from where they all sat. Odei had already made the connection that Nemes did not just recruit the girl, but put her in charge of the people they were to deliver to safety, and there was even that slight possibility that the Auran was also spoken of; Nemes probably trusting her as a fellow Lumerian… if that’s what she was.

He would have let her walk off and return later, but was curious as to why she would have waited for him and what she would have had to say, or if it had anything to do with Nemes. He turned to Histlan, his voice apologetic abd polite smile as he gathered up his sword. “In that case I’ll have to excuse myself and see what she has to say, we can continue our little talk tomorrow night…” Though he hoped they would start off on a better note, with lesser misunderstandings. All in all, he had a feeling Histaln was going to be a very interesting comrade to fight alongside. “Also, don’t hesitate to ask if you yourself might need anything, though it looks like you’re all set. Have a good rest, and we’ll all meet tomorrow for the first training session.” And with that he bid Histlan and the rest a good evening and turned to follow Starlyght. A one-sided grin spread on his lips as he came closer to find Origin descending from one of the carriages, a little girl at her side. He grinned, not having the chance to mingle with this old, odd friend for a while. “I hope the gloves are complete, Origin…” he came to stand next to them, folding his arms across his chest. Then looked down at the little girl, she was so small he seemed to tower over her like a giant. “…Or where you too busy entertaining our little guest?” He regarded the small child, and she reminded him of some of the children back at Vespath, back in the days when he had to look after the ‘new additions’ of the Sagan family.

He then lifted his eyes to Starlyght’s, acknowledging her with a node. “I hope I didn’t interrupt your conversation?”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 10 967340
"Bah," Origin shrugged, "You expect me to tan a hide in three days while travelling? I do my leatherwork in the summer, when the rivers aren't frozen over. The blasted thing will be through drying by this evening. Shouldn't a doddering old fool like you have a bit more patience?"

Leyla ceased her play at the approaching of Odei, a giant of a man to her small form, who seemed to radiate darkness. She took a step behind Silver, trying not to look as cowed as she did, but she couldn't help it. He just looked so... mean. Was he really on their side?

Origin smiled beningnly at the girl's apparent fear. It was good that she showed at least some apprehension for dark warlocks, it would be dangerous for her to immediately befriend everything that crossed her path. Besides, a healthy fear for Odei would keep her out of harm's way, since it seemed that harm enjoyed the Sagan's company.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:50 pm

Scratching the back of his head, Odei wrinkled his nose at Origin, not attempting to start a verbal battle in front of neither child nor the newcomer. ‘How’s your bum?’ he asked, meaning her hip, of course, using a humorous Sagan term for 'bum' that origin had grown familiar with by now, lest should he offend Starlyght or teach the child inappropriate language. “Hope you’re in no more pain, essa*, will you be fit enough soon to ride with us?”

Silver eyes noticing that the little girl struggled to put on a brave face at his presence, Odei grinned, teeth shining as bright as his eyes in contrast to his dark skin, he knelt down to the little girl’s level, and even when down on one knee, he still towered over her. His silver eyes playfully challenged her, yet not in a manner that would further intimidate the child, but more likely invited her to join in his game. “Oy, look that I don’t bite. If there is anyone around here that does a lot of biting, it is your friend Origin… especially if you try and make off with one of her sweets.” He pointed up at Origin with his thumb, before continuing into a whisper. “I have the bite marks to prove it too, want to see?” he grimaced, as if in pain, making to roll up his sleeve to where the said imaginary bite marks may still be hidden…

Odei would not push his superiors to find out which of the people that rode with them in this journey was the Auran, nor did he assume, for he would have never imagined it, that the little girl before him might indeed be the legendary being.

*Essa: Sagan equivalent to ‘lass’ or ‘sweetheart’. Watch as origin guts him now? Rigid elf-thing.

Last edited by on Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:53 pm

Histlan nodded before turning her face back towards the direction of the fire as though she was watching it though clearly that simple liberty was not hers. He'd told her before to ask should she need anything, she was free to ask, it was a nice gesture but she doubted she'd take up the occassion if she had the equivalent to all the other soldiers. At least that's what she told herself, one could never be certain how circumstances could change over time. She didn't think more on it and her head shifted slightly in urge to 'look' over when he mentioned the morning training... the early morning training, but she didn't and remained facing the fire's direction. "Hn, can't wait." She said somewhat monotone, but accepting.

She stayed there for a while after he walked off to speak to the woman Histlan was unfamillar with. She wandered briefly over their 'discussion' which had jumped around a fair bit, both awkwardly and naturally. It had been interesting if nothing else, and though she'd not been entiriely comfortable with the discussion or still being around him, period, at points... Odei had spoken kindly, more than she had actually expected from him. As much as Histlan worried it was because of her 'condition' still, she hoped not and decided only time would tell, and apparently they were continuing the conversation a night from then.

She grinned slightly and shook her head. Leaning back on her hands to support her weight she let what just happened drift from her mind and thought over other things, the curve to her lips slowly faltering and she returned to her thoughtful 'brooding' nature, silently content with it despite her neutral expression. A hand raised up briefly though and pulled her hood back down to fall over part of her face once more, and considered that perhaps it was time for rest now, or at least very soon, should she not be able to fall asleep and elected to read a bit first. Either way the morning might come even quicker now that it would be filled with regimented training.
Nick
Nick

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-11-23

http://www.leighanief.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistress-Inu Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:01 pm

Vanity let her gaze pry attentively into Sachieal's, wordless at first. She focused hard, enough that everything else seemed to fade out, vanish slowly until she saw nothing but Sachieal, the ground beneath them, and the free strands of her own hair that fell from behind her shoulders as she knelt above him. His eyes were her focal point right now; had he not such a pale complexion, she might have forgotten the rest of him was there, too.

Her brows furrowed slightly as she pored over those bluish silver irises, searching for any sign that he might be concealing something of his true self. But... she was having difficulties. Something, some kind of... "invisible light", but not quite an aura or magical barrier of any sort, was shielding his eyes. She couldn't read them, couldn't see what he really thought. Whatever he might be truly thinking at the moment was hidden away from her, behind mirrors of stunning, polished silver. There has to be something... anything...

Why can't I see it?
Vanity struggled—practically strained her eyes—to see what lay deep within Sachieal's mind, what he actually was... She just searched for anything that would prove him deceitful. A demon shouldn't be so courteous, after all... should he? Wasn't it practically impossible for demon nature?

Vanity was beginning to feel more stumped than she had before, instead of feeling assured that Sachieal was faking his superior yet gentlemanly behavior. Before she could dwell on it, his compliments reached her ears, and after a moment or two she froze slightly in her kneeling position, a slight pink flush coming to her face, just under her eyes. "Th— ...Thank you..." she murmured, a bit unsurely at first.

This was never fun for her. Cursed—or, blessed, depending how it was looked upon—with only residing with her older brother in the past, Vanity had hardly ever learned to act with a clear mind around males, especially when they flattered or upset her. All she could hope for now was that Sachieal didn't see her little blush, or notice her muscles tense.

"I..." Vanity searched her mind frantically for an answer to his question, but with no avail. "I, I just..." Damn...

Mistress-Inu

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:40 pm

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 10 967340
Origin popped a piece of candied ginger into her mouth and gave her mentor a glare. She couldn't very well smite him in front of the girl, but he'd get a bit of hell when she got the chance. Sweetheart. hah.

"I'm doing well enough, resting," she mumbled, her mind flighting to other, suddenly more pressing matters, "If you would excuse me Starlyght, I must relieve myself, if you would watch Leyla..."

Origin hobbled off quickly behind the carriage, hoping her excuse was enough to keep them away for a while. She pressed herself to the side of the high carriage wall before she was swept into a pair of dark arms.

"Where have you been Kehla*?"the voice growled in her native tongue, "I've been searching for you three days."

"I have been entrusted to the care of a little human. I couldn't leave the dear thing." she murmured, "Come, let's get out of ear's range"

Vasquiri lifted her hand to his lips and spread his wings, shifting them out of thin air into a small span, "How far? The end of this earth?"

"Perhaps the meadow, I've only a few moments."
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlyght Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:35 pm

Starlyght's ears picked up Odei's approaching body before she turned to face him. It was more out of courtesy to a senior officer than because his presence still through her off slightly. She opened her body to him so that he could be included in the adult's conversation, and simply nodded mutely at him, since he seemed to be here to speak to Origin or Leyla, not her. She stood tall and firm, the air of an extremely well-trained soldier about her. She wasn't going to let anyone hurt the girl, and she hadn't any reason to trust anyone here beyond acquaintances yet. To her inner delight, Silver took the girl's fear bravely and stayed between Leyla and the large man. Though his teeth weren't bared, he was certainly watching the man carefully, not happy that his new friend was feeling threatened. Silver's twin tails curled reassuringly around Leyla's thin leg, promising that he would protect her.

The dialogue between Odei, Leyla and Origin only registered to the point of being a conversation between other people. It was only when Origin seemed to suddenly need to excuse herself that Starlyght nodded quickly and once again focused her cool eyes on the child, who Silver was now attempting to play with again. The nymph thought briefly on the brusque nature of Origin's declaration, but dismissed it as something related to her limping. Instead she watched Odei out of the corner of her eye, and tried to keep a smile from her face at the little fox's playful attempts.
Starlyght
Starlyght

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:24 am

Odei exaggeratedly frowned as Origin teased him by eating one of her sweets. He looked back at the little girl, who still did not respond, she was quite shy, this one. “See that?” He asked, feigning indignant surprise. “She won’t even pass one on to me…” he then turned his head, eyeing the girl in a speculating manner. “Did you manage to get some, by any chance?”

Origin suddenly excused herself, and hobbled off, Odei watching her as she disappeared behind the carriage. ‘That was quick…’ he thought, and wondered how long he would be getting the silent treatment from her. Not that it mattered; her bark definitely hurt more than her bite.

Odei stood, and at the prolonged silence of the elf-like woman, Odei worried that perhaps Histlan had miscalculated the woman’s intention to speak with him, and now hoped it did not appear as if he had been following her around. “You’re new, aren’t you?” he said, opening up the opportunity of conversation…
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlyght Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:19 pm

Starlyght had to make an active effort not to chuckle at the captain's exaggerated and amusing dialogue. So he wasn't as serious as he had at first seemed. That was promising. It always made work pass quicker if there were those who lifted spirits and brought out laughter. Though Starlyght felt the tension in the air, she did nothing to break it. She had had an intention to speak to the Captain, but she now felt that he was a busy man and that if he did wish to speak to her, he would.

Just such an event occurred then, however, as the Captain addressed her. She nodded quickly, hesitated only a moment before answering, since she had to decide just how much to reveal, "Yes sir, my name is Frozen Starlyght and I come from the northern kingdom of Isheimur, of the Ice Nymphs. I have spoken to the General, but I had intended to make my presence amongst your troops known to you personally earlier. I am well trained in stave-fighting, as well as water magic with a specific proficiency in ice. Though I have already been given the duty of assisting Origin in guarding the civilians, I would be happy to assist you in anyway you deem necessary, providing it does not leave the civilians unprotected." There was no need to disclose her royal blood if the captain wasn't already aware of it. She had no need to put herself in a position of more status, and more attention was certainly not needed in her specific occupation of protecting the Auran.
Starlyght
Starlyght

Female

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 10 Empty The Dark Side Be entering ;P

Post by Kath Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:10 pm

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 10 Kathicon and Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 10 KathMenicon

The lanky Captain had had a lot on his mind after everything was all said and done. Penthar, Soraya, the Auran, the war, thoughts of remorse, and memories of the past. The men under his command. Cordeau, his second-in-command, took Kath's own position as the storyteller the previous evening because he could sense his commanding officer's thoughts. It had seemed as if he wore his thoughts like a cloak about him, expressing themselves in his soulful eyes. His men could sense them as well and left him sit alone that night as he listened to their tales, jokes, and the tunes that seven inept men could make.

The morning had risen and their time to depart was upon them. They had to follow the Yeidin to the ends of the world if that's what it took to restore balance. The Lumerians wielded far too much power over the Umbrovians. Dark and light were compliments and neither should be greater nor lesser than the other and yet that was the heart of this whole war! He ground his teeth, listening to and feeling the sound through his bones. Aside from it all, Kath's entire family had been stolen away from him by the Lumerians and their heartless ways. Each day seemed a new strain upon his normally joyful heart.

"I must... triumph..." he mumbled to himself, trying to rally his heart. It was not the time to whistle even though he wanted to. It was time to prepare. The cool wind blew, jostling his sandy colored hair. He shivered, realizing that he was cold suddenly.

"Cap'n? You nearly ready ta go meet Lieutenant General Soraya? We're all waiting on you now." Cordeau grinned roguishly underneath his bald dome and stubbled chin. Kath could only nod. They were early getting up this morning anyway, stretching and preparing to follow the enemy regiment wherever it might take them, for victory or death.

Very slowly Kath stood, his spine cracking into position. Pop pop pop. He stretched his arms out to the sides, fists closed, and looked up to the sky, the sun's kiss starting to swell around them. The Captain closed his eyes and slowly opened his clenched fists as a warmth crawled across his skin, like the playful fingertips of a lover, even as an orange hue slowly enveloped him. The flames curled around him now as he gently exercised his magic. Nothing burned even as the flames lapped at his hair, tendrils reaching out to make the snow steam slightly, like little poofs of fog in the early morning. Kath pulled his hands across his chest, open palmed even as the flames, brilliant though they were died back into the nothingness from whence they were summoned. Magic in its very creation was a thing of beauty.

When he opened his eyes, his men stood around, reins in hand, waiting for their Captain to finish his morning exercise. "Let's go men. The Lieutenant General should not be kept waiting." He grinned as Cordeau stifled a chuckle. They mounted up and went to meet their leader. It was time to show those Yeidin scum a lessen in "do unto others as they deserved."
Kath
Kath

Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:32 pm

Sachieal’s throat resonated with a light chuckle as he noticed Vanity’s fumble for a comparable answer to his question. The girl’s cheeks turned a faint rosen hue, and her body twitched slightly as her muscles contracted, forcing her body into an even more rigid state. If she was in any way hoping that her discomfort, or whatever was ailing her, would go unnoticed, then she would have to be sadly mistaken.

What made the moment better still, however, was the girl’s inability to answer the simplest of questions. Luckily, Sachieal had a penchant for flirting, and would let her off easily. Or maybe he’d just make it more difficult?

Sachieal fluttered his eyelashes lightly, letting a look of concern, dripping with sugary-sweetness, of course, sweep across his marble features. He let the emotion flow to his eyes, and he knew they were swirling with light at his very thought. He was a demon, and quite the incubus, at that. He tightened his vocal chords, and allowed his voice to play forth as a cherub’s harp.

“Is everything okay, Miss?” Sachieal accented the word ‘Miss’ specifically, for no reason in particular, excluding habit and a bit of mischief that allowed him to toy with the girl. He was the cat, and the girl was his mouse for the moment.

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:22 pm

[[OMG Kath i love the 'kath's men' icon. it's adoramazing.]]
Leyla giggled involuntarily as the fox wrapped his tail around her very ticklish legs.

Suddenly the giant of a man was on her level, trying to make jokes and be nice. She was afraid at the suddeness that Origin left, but when one had to go potty, one had to go potty. She flashed a smile at the man, feeling a bit safer now that she knew that the elf -lady, starlyght, and her pretty pet would protect her.

[not much of Origin until Sachieal is done with Vanity and can interact with his long lost pal vasquiri and Olorafien.]
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:30 pm

Odei hooked his thumbs into his belt, keeping his hands at his sides as he listened to Starlyght’s list of talents with somewhat of a slight frown on his face. “Hmph.” He grunted when she was done. “Sounds like you can handle more than half of the troops here… mayhap we should just send everyone back home and keep you around…” he kidded with a slight smile, meaning her no offence, but knew at this point that she was indeed very capable; he could not read her Aura of course, her not being of Umbrovian origins, but through his Silver Surdan eyes he could see the light she radiated. Powerful little thing he thought. No wonder Nemes so eagerly took her in. Speaking of the winged heap of bleached fluff, Odei wasn’t quite sure that Nemes would be so happy to find Starlyght looking to him for further instructions…

Excellent!

Odei devilishly smiled inwardly, and on a more serious note, folding his arms before him, welcomed Starlyght to his team. “We are somewhat lacking in elemental mages, actually… a few fire adepts here and there, I think we have one Burkhan… and two of my team are capable of controlling water, or fire… I believe for now you would certainly be a lot of help if you are able to assist in the morning training… any skills you might know of that could be picked up by those not born with elemental origins, maybe. Even training them in the use of a staff would suffice. Otherwise, fight when needed… of course. Does that sound well to you?” Odei appreciated Starlyght’s effort in genuinely acknowledging him as authority, even after having been paired with the Lumerian leader first… he would not try and make her life miserable in return.

((Obsidian))

Obsidian’s black, crow wings folded at his sides as he dived down from the sky and through the trees to land at the ground of the forest in the form of a fanged horse. Even at such a short distance from the camp, the woods were silent, all sounds muted by the snow… but it would not be the sounds of the animals living here that he would need to hear in order to win himself a good meal, as his eyes would trace the delicious heat of their blood and life’s light.

Stupid Odei, never allowing the Umbri a moment of sleep. Of course Obi could perch somewhere and doze off… but the shoulder of his master provided that human warmth that made him dream of delicious flesh… humans’ flesh, of course. But noooo… the man-whore had to run after every female in the camp…

Obsidian’s brooding thoughts were cut off as he felt the ripple run through his Aura, something near by. He trotted onward, gliding through the thick trees as his smoky form shifted to accommodate his black mass through tight spots, until he would find the intrusion. An Umbi… wolf form. How rare. Obsidian could not remember the last time he had seen another of his kind. He turned his massive head to look back at the camp, it was far away, no one within would be able to sense the presence of this ‘wolf’.

Obi’s ears perked forward as he stepped closer, neck stretching out as his head lowered to the wolf, cautious, yet not threateningly, greeting a brother. Obsidian would certainly not bother to alert his master nor the others of it… after all, Odei did not leave him instructions to do so, did he?

In a language with no words or sound, Obsidian inquired of the wandering Umbri’s name and purpose…

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 10 582851

((Pssst! Kath! It’s still night time, they would leave the camp at sunset Wink ))

Soraya checked her belts, feeling for the different objects she needed – the onyx compass, vials, daggers and many items, everything was there, and now she stood ready. She awaited the men at the gates of their camp, uncommunicative, frowning Hivaro at her side, also ready. They did not have horses, for they would be using the shadows, at this time of the night, they were everywhere, darkness was all around them, and distances would be cut even shorter than just halves.

She looked up at the sound of foot falls, Penthar approached. “Any news of your Umbri, penthar? Has she returned?”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Penthar Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:49 pm

((Penthar))
The General approached, his head down as he stopped. "I have communicated with her, and she has come across another Umbri in the forests, one in the shape of a demon horse" he said. He put his right hand into a nearby shadow, it's aura rippling as he allowed his leader to now see his now wolf-like eyes. He stretched out his left hand to her, his dark magic swirling around his arm and open palm. " Ylva and I share a unique bond. If you wish to see what she sees, and what she hears ,take my hand...."

((Ylva))

Ylva sniffed at the shadow, and woofed and showed her fangs in a gesture of greeting before speaking to the Umbri in kind.
"I am Ylva. My purpose is my own whenever my master allows it. I hunt, I stalk, I obey my master...for now, as long as he allows me the flesh of humans." she spoke, her fur rippling into the shadows as her aura pulsed.
"I sense you are bound to a Surdan warlock as well. I have told you my purpose and name, now tell me yours in kind."

Last edited by on Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Penthar
Penthar

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next