Dark Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two: The Auran.

+12
Penthar
Kath
Starlyght
Mathias
Mistress-Inu
Chi
daccat
Erin
xxcalciferxx
Admin
Nick
TaiKitsune
16 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 7 Empty Re: Chapter Two: The Auran.

Post by Admin Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:34 pm

((Don’t worry, of course Nemes would not know this detail, but I’ll make sure he doesn’t say “Hey, you, Elisette girl!” and spoil her blissful ignorance… unless if u want me to Razz ))

((Nemes))

Nemes smiled down at the young girl… “So I see…”. He was about to add ‘And how would you like to play guardian then?’ But then he remembered a crucial problem; Origin was of an Umbrovian specie… and his hopes of replacing Mathilda with her all crashed away. He was specifically instructed that Leyla should not befriend Umbrovians – particularly the Surdan captain - she may come into contact with them, after all here that would not be possible to avoid, but only when under the watch of a Lumerian would she be allowed to communicate with them. The fear was that they might influence her, and Leyla would come to believe that indeed it was her duty to grant them the power they needed to take over the world.

Leyla was innocent, and kind hearted as were all children; eager to please and help those who asked. She would not be able to understand what consequences would be if the Umbrovians would get what they wanted.

Lost in his thoughts, and guilt, for he knew that Leyla liked the young women, a frown unintentionally formed on his handsome face. Was there a way around this?

((odei))

Odei felt the heat rise up to his face, his eyes widening in surprise. He had for some reason expected her to be Surdan, though knowing well the possibilities of this was slim… but didn’t she have some other visual strength? The Surdan did not need human eyes to ‘see’… why did he think she could see with darkened eyes as he could? Of course she needed her hands!

Idiot.

“Then in that case you would need gloves made of Sahali* skin. You won’t find those here…” He then smiled, poking the sleeping Obi with his thumb. “But Obsidian can.” He smacked the Shadow awake, drawing an angry hiss. “He’s a good hunter, and will find us one in no time. My comrade, Origin, is good with working with skins. She will be more than happy to make you the gloves.”

Origin being ‘happy’ of him asking her a favor was most unlikely, particularly since that the first time they had met, it circled around some dead rabbits… which sent origin into a hateful rage. But he would brave it anyway. Another whack and Obsidian screeched before flying off in search of the small, ferret-like mammal. His attention turned once again to the girl… for some reason wanting to ask more and talk… but that was not something he could do easily. ‘If you need anything, do not hesitate to ask.’ He offered, hoping the girl would not assume that he had already labeled her as some incapable soldier due to her ‘condition’. He was merely being a dark comrade.

*whatever this be. I’m just spitting out words ;p
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2007-11-22

https://darkwars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:45 pm

"Well sir, are you going to hover all day or did you come here for a reason?"

She asked, reaching into her satchel and pulling out a long piece of wood, carved in a sort of trench with little circles with straight gashes across them aranged ina twisting manner. Origin turned the little circles in a practiced gesture, then pushed the line of circles out of the trench, revealing a small compartment that housed some candied ginger. Leyla gasped in delight.

"That's how you play Locks. Now, I will place these back in here just so..." she twisted the little almost circles out of place, so that their lines were no longer parrellel, and the little flat edges of the almost circles did not agree. The line would be 'locked' until the girl could line them up and slip them out. It was harder than Origin had made it look.

Leyla immediately took to the game, twisting and turning the pebbles in all sorts of combinations while Origin patiently waited on Neme's reply.

(Locks is a game I made up for my personal story. I want to get a prototype made because it is SO hard to describe, but really mind challenging.)
Erin
Erin

Female
Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:54 pm

((Nemes))

His frown deepend involuntarily at the sight of Leyla’s delight. It had been Nemes who stood with the Oracles and High mages eight years ago, a little babe in their hands called Leyla, and it was in his hands that they had placed her to take her to her new home. It was he who had gone to check on her well-being every year, and in the past months it was he who taught her the arts of Solay and light.

She was the daughter he did not have, and the family he had left. He would do anything to keep her safe, and happy. The high lords would understand.

“We need a younger, more able Guardian, Origin…” he said, his voice low to keep the words between him and the Elisette. He was not aware that he had used her name, no impoliteness intended. “You, along with a second.” WHO this ‘second’ would be, Nemes would find. It would be fine that Origin watched over the girl, always accompanied by a Lumerian. And two guardians are better than one. “I do not wish to pressure you, but it is only an offer. If you are more intent to fight as a soldier in battle, I certainly will not stop you… but it is obvious Leyla has taken to you, and it is not so often that she so willingly comes to love another person.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:15 pm

Origin watched mildly as the child played around with the game,"I wouldn't mind it. She's a good child."

Besides which, she wouldn't see another battle for a while. Her hip would trouble her for a while longer. Hellfire and ice were nothign ot be scoffed at, even for a fast healer such as herself.

"But do not pair me with some idiot. I know what you are hinting at, and I would never harm this child," she hissed, "I am not so low."

Leyla placed a lump of yellow ginger infront of Origin's face, and the young woman gasped. She'd finished it so quickly! Her first time! She sat up, nearly knocking the child off of the bed. Pressing the circles back into place she disarranged them again.

"Unlock them again. Let me watch," she said, her voice holdign a catch of urgency. Leyla twisted the locks with a determination that looked like she knew what she was doing. Soon enough, the pebbles were pushed out again. Any other child would have taken hours to line up the circles, but the girl had it down in a matter of minutes.

Origin rearranged the puzzle again, "You have 4 moves." she said, taking out any possibility of a fluke, "Every wrong turn you make will make four more moves."

Leyla did not hesitate, deftly twisting the pebbles, and using a technique that for any other child would have taken years to cultivate. Origin watched in fascination, then turned to Nemes, slack jawed.

The only thing that can open a lock is the key, she mouthed, more to herself than the commander.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:24 pm

She titlted her head slightly at the brief silence, getting the notion that he might be thinking to himself as well, though she would not have guessed there was some mental self-scolding going on. She smiled slightly at his proposition of what she would need, unsure of exactly what properties made Sahali skin different but he seemed fairly certain it would help. Despite the need for the gloves because of the colder harsher condition, it'd been bothering her more even with the thinner ones that she couldn't actually touch things with her fingers more often now. Both from cold and due to the fact she wished to expose her blackened hands to the view of other. So if those kind of gloves could help even more with that then she'd be very grateful to have them.

Histlan seemed to perk up slightly as he awoke Obsidian and she shifted her attention to the 'thing' uncertain exactly of what it was, other than darkness. It felt the same as his dark beast of a steed from the day before. It certainly didn't sound happy though with its hiss and then scrrech, which sent a sort of shiver through her, and a slight frown on her lips. Obsidian, was it? She'd remember. "Well, thank you. Is that creature... a shadow?" She asked.

As he mentioned Origin's name, a look of uncertainty fell upon her expression though, even the lesser part of it that he could see. She gave a nod though, to his other statement. "I'm normally pretty capable." She said confidently, but smiled slightly. "But alright, I will should there be anything."

She pursed her lower lip slightly before she spoke, "That is... the young woman who is injured is it not? Origin?" She felt suddenly unsure if that particular person would be so 'happy' to make her something after there last encounter but a different thought came forward. "Do you know if she is alright and healing?" Histlan questioned with a bit of a softer tone.

Realising she was now asking a fair amount of questions, which made her feel somewhat awkward, but she did really want an answer to the last one.
Nick
Nick

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-11-23

http://www.leighanief.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:47 pm

Nemes’s face came closer to Origin’s, iridescent eyes holding hers to make sure the young girl understood him well; they live now in a world where not even the elements of the good earth – the trees, the stones, the skies… all could not be trusted. He did not like to doubt her, but he did not even know her. And Leyla’s wellbeing came before Origin’s feelings. Regardless of what she promised him, he would still watch her as a hawk. “Better not, My Lady.” He smiled. “And as for the… second… I will do my best to find something that would match up to your own… obduracy.” He was kidding. It was clear to him by now Origin was a tough, stubborn one… and perhaps truly what the girl needed. Her mother and father would not accompany her on this journey, for now they would need to exert all their attention and protection on Leyla alone, without interruptions. The rest of the families, were a necessary cover-up.

At origin’s unspoken words of Leyla’s freighting capabilities with the little gadget, Nemes stiffened, and simply met her eyes. His meaning clear. Yes, Leyla was the Key, and he knew Origin would understand this, and that now she had gotten herself into a very, very secret circle. He did not doubt that Origin was wise enough to know that now her every move and word when it came to Leyla could also end her life if she were to break its borders and rules. “The captain will fill you in on details.” He said, and went to the door. “We will leave in a little less than an hour… I suggest you ready yourself.”

He hoped his decisions would not fail him.

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 7 3276

Odei looked up at the sky, where just a moment ago Obi had disappeared from sight. “He’s…” Odei fell momentarily silent. Obsidian was more than a Shadow. Or was. A long, long time ago. But that was a long story, and an eerie one that made even his own skin crawl. “Yes. He is.” He left it at that.

“And yes, that is Origin.” He laughed slightly, his voice low and husky. “A horde of Omerian stone trolls could not harm that .. erm… girl. She’ll be fine and I have no doubt within a week or two she will be once again a marching soldier by your side. And fear not for your past encounter… Origin is strong like stone… but certainly not made of it. Now if you’ll excuse me, miss… I need to get back to my men.”

Odei wanted to know what Histlan was, but there was no hurry, and he was not one to probe. Whether she was Surdan or not, eventually it would show.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:46 pm

Origin scowled at the man. Could he not see that she was bedridden for at least two more days? Of course she was packed, but as for travelling, that was out of her range. There was no way she could ride a horse in her condition, and especially not on such short notice. She was fresh out of pain killers, and the scarcity of willowbark in this area was of no help to her at all. She struggled up on her pillows and began rearranging the circles for the girl again.

"If you haven't noticed Commander. I am in no shape to travel, unless you have some other idea as to my transportation?"
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:47 pm

Well Histlan was glad to hear that. The young woman had been on her mind occassionally she'd wondered if she'd come with them or be left behind, even left on her own accord. The notion that she'd was with them somewhere in the sea, albeit a small one, and would be alright was a relieving notion from the confidence Odei's voice and seemingly amusement of it that went along with the news.

She gave a low nod, a bow of the head really when he excused himself. "Of course, sir." She said with understanding. He'd probably wasted more than enough time on her, she figured. Sure there was probably somewhere she needed to be as well, though where exactly, she was not entirely sure, it was probably certain there were far more important of places for Odei to be. Perhaps to stay informed of eveything that was constantly coming up in these busy hours, she'd search out Sachieal. Doubting he'd be that difficult to find really.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:59 pm

((Nemes))

Nemes lifted a brow and scoffed at her comment. “You certainly did not think I’d have you go off riding a horse in your condition, did you my lady?” He chuckled. “Hmm. If you had turned down my offer, we would have simply left you behind…” he joked, “But since you’re Leyla’s new friend, you’ll just have to bear with us and ride comfortably on a soft, warm quilt on the Stagecoaches! Pray your comrades don’t demand the same service, for we do not have enough coaches to accommodate the entire regiment.”

He held his hand out to Leyla. “Come on Leyla… it’s time to go. You will ride with the lady Origin, so you will have a lot of time to play later.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:07 pm

Leyla solemnly got up from the bed, reluctantly leaving her game on Origin's lap as the young woman sat puzzled.

She had no earthly idea what a 'stagecoach' was. But she supposed it was more gentle than a horse for riding.

She waved as the child and her nanny exited through the solitary door, then turned to clean up the slight mess and place the last of her belongings in her trusty satchel.

[[i suggest those stage coaches have sled legs, since the heavy snow could prove difficult for wheels.]]
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:11 pm

Sachieal was greeted by Pesitlence as he came toward his tent. The great demonic horse walked over and in its eyes was pure hellfire. Sachieal cocked his head to the side and stared back, confused. "Oh, you wish to tell me something!" Sachieal smiled and the horse's eyes narrowed, apparently it wasn't too fond of smiling. Sachieal placed his hand on Pestilence's head and the fury in the beast's mind hit Sachieal harder than even the coldest of winds.

I do NOT remember allowing you to whore me out to that...THING in there. The beast roared in Sachieal's mind. "Quiet yourself fool, I didn't give you a say in the matter. If she wishes to ride you, than you shall let her. If you cause problems, I'll send you back."

The beast let out an audible roar, one very much unlike a horse, and stamped a hoof. Watch the girl, Sachieal, she's as pale as you or I, she reeks of angel, and that cross that she wears would have me vomit if I so had the sustinance to do so.

Sachieal turned toward the tent, noticing the slight sounds of movement from inside. "Many beings up here bear the scent of angel, Pestilence, there are those that find heavenly favor, as much as they may not deserve it."

Once again the beast's words came through with a screech in Sachieal's mind It WORRIES me, my lord. What am I to do if she attacks you, or worse: me? Sachieal laughed and patted the horse.

"Well, my steed, if she attacks me, you're free to go and wreak havoc as you please. Or, at least, untill our bond breaks and you're sent back to Hell." The light in Sachieal's eyes reflected his verbal victory. "Worry not about the girl, I'll handle everything."

Sachieal walked over to the tent and bent near the opening. "Good morning, Miss. Might you be awake in there? We're almost ready to head out now!"

TaiKitsune

Male
Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathias Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:39 pm

Why the shouting? Mathias wondered, pulling his furs away. He sat up with a grunt, and crawled towards the front of the shallow tent. If anyone's anything was into something, it was bound to be his steed. Untested in battle, and thus still unnamed, the horse was much too curious for it's own good. He remembered the creature nosing into a number of different things: Heaps of grain, barrels of mead, various women's skirts. Some with women still in them.

That was always hard to explain.

He threw back the flap of his make shift tent, and squinted out. There was a small, dark, slim female yelling at his tent. With a rub of his eyes, and a handful of fur to hold it around his hips, he stepped out. “Well, if you can suggest something to tie a couple hundred pound beastie to that'll keep it from wandering around out here, I'll be sure to do so. Your bag must've had rations in it,” Mathias said with a wave of his hand, “he's relentless in the search of food.” He rubbed his eyes with his free hand and yawned deeply, stretching his free arm. “There's no need to make a fuss about it. I'll compensate you for your... Loss...”

Mathias felt his voice trail off as he noticed her features. Dusky skin, blue eyes, peculiar dress... His sleep fogged mind was giving him a good kick. He squinted at her, and scratched his long mane of hair. Do I know her? Something about her face and hair. With another yawn, he shook his head to dispel his thoughts. Too much thinking, too early in the morning. He grabbed the horse's mane in one hand, the other firmly gripping the furs around his waist, and tugged it back towards his tent. “C'mon y'brat, let's leave the loud lady alone.”

He walked back to his tent and pulled out the oat bag. “Munch away y'brat,” he said to the horse, then turned to the woman from the other tent. “So what're you doing up here anyways? You look like you're far from home.” Mathias ducked back into the tent and tugged on his breeches, laying furs over his shoulders. “Or are you supposed to talk to a superior officer too?” He asked with a wry smile and chuckle.

There was a lot of milling about the camp, people with strange looking weapons, and various fires being struck up. He didn't bother fussing with his, just loading up his horse and grabbing a handful of dried meat strips and two biscuits. It wasn't the ideal breakfast, but travelers didn't have the luxury of a heap of fresh eggs, potato, a good slab of meat, couple honey-fruits, some yogurt... Mathias felt his stomach rumble as he looked dismally at his rations. Oh well, all in good time. He frowned at his food, silently willing them to change into something more appetizing.

He glanced in passing back at the lady's camp. “Breakfast?” He offered, hefting up a biscuit and some of the meat.

Mathias

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistress-Inu Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:15 pm

Vanity was running her fingers through the last few tangled strands of her hair when Sachieal called in. She almost jumped to her feet again; at least this one had the consideration to not barge in on a lady. Still a tad weary, she stood and stuck her head out the tent's flaps, forcing the best smile she could in her tired state up at him. "Well, good morning to you too, sir," she said quietly, vocal cords not yet awake as she was. "I might be awake. But even if I were wobbling on my feet, I would be up and about anyways." As the cold air reached her surface, Vanity pulled the pelt closer around her, forcing back the shivers that threatened to shake her form. However, this might have been accounted for as a useless action, as she simply extended her hand to Sachieal with a slight bow of her head. "I forgot my manners. I am Vanity." She smiled inwardly to herself: How the name suited her so well...

Mistress-Inu

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:12 am

Sachieal took the small girl's hand and kissed it lightly. "It's very nice to meet you, Miss Vanity. I believe you've already heard my name. I am Sachieal." He still held her hand in an attempt to help her out of the tent. "I do hope you're awake enough to take go on a journey, we move out in a few hours." When she was out of the tent, Sachieal let her hand go and motioned to a very enraged looking Pestilence.

"Well, if you so wish, we'll be riding...him." Sachieal's eye twitched in apprehension and the horse let out the demon-horse-thing equivalent to a laugh. "Yeah. He's not as bad as he looks, honestly." Sachieal did not know how long the journey would take, but he was sure that Pestilence wouldn't be causing any problems.

"Well, Miss, we've got some time left." Sachieal smiled a huge smile. "Would you like to get some breakfast?"

TaiKitsune

Male
Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:01 am

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 7 561741
Chi merely tilted her head sideways at Mathias as she wasn't exactly expecting that to come out of her neighbour's tent. In this weather, she was stunned that all he was 'wearing' was the fur he had used to cover himself, wondering if he was either immune to the cold, or simply too tired (or drunk) to care. With a wry smile, she lashed her small pack to her belt and didn't bother to mention that it wasn't rations she carried in her bag. "No need, he didn't eat or damage anything."

Stifling a yawn of her own, Chi pressed the heel of her palm against her faintly throbbing forehead and looked up into the sky to determine the time. Chi had meant to leave at dawn to find Hurst and get the right story out of him before he had a chance to get into any alcohol, but she had slept in, and was stopped when her curious neighbour asked her a question.

For some reason, of which Chi could not be sure, she found herself trusting him a little more than she would normally with strangers. "I'm a mercenary from Alyra*," she shrugged as she watched him reemerge from his tent, "and I hear that there's possibility of a job here. Though my informant was more than a little drunk last night, so I'm off to find anyone who will tell me what's going on."

Thanking Mathias for the offered breakfast while he packed his things, she found the food to be understandably much different on this side of the world. Used to rice, Chi still wasn't quite sure what it was he offered her with the meat, but after seeing him munch on it, she decided to taste test it for herself. To her delight, it tasted rather good for rations, and it was gone within the next few minutes as she delicately picked off the crumbs from her armor before meeting Mathias's deep blue eyes. "It looks as though I owe you a breakfast now," she said as she cleared her throat from the bread, and offered her hand in introduction "but as I currently have no rations at the moment, I'll have to remain in your debt a little longer Mr...?"

Yet their introduction was cut short as Chi's sharp eyes narrowed over Mathias' shoulder, noticing a familiar slinking figure. "You!" she barked, catching Hurst's attention as he meandered by and having to leave Mathias to catch her drunken guide from last night. "You still have a lot of explaining to do, my friend."

((lol alright, I'm done editing this post))

*Alyra = the continent that Chi and Mathias originate from. Located far to the West across the Agrath Ocean and basically on the other side of the world.

Last edited by on Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chi
Chi

Female
Number of posts : 39

http://3019.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:04 pm

((Nemes)) Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 7 3276

Nemes shifted in his saddle, he and two other captains upon their steeds stood atop a high hill surveying the troops that were just about to begin their journey – packed, and ready. Odei was standing near him, watching the formation, a slight smile on his lips; the men were following his instructions as the Umbrovians moved to the outside borders of the regiment. Then came the Lumerians, and lastly the coaches at the center of it all, the people within it safe and guarded from all sides.

Nemes too found himself smiling, as he watched the man who two days ago had put up quite a stubborn argument against taking part in leading these men, and here he was, giving orders and watching over it all like a hawk, appearing to enjoy every minute of his new role. “Where is your horse, captain?” Nemes asked. Odei answered without turning to him, eyes still watching every detail below. “He’ll be back.” He simply said. It was not easy to find a Silah, and he expected Obsidian to be gone for some time.

“Good. I’m sure you’d have a better view of your men atop your steed than on foot…” he mused, stressing on ‘your men’, perhaps to annoy the Surdan a bit. Odei looked up at him, a strange smile upon his face as it held some knowledge that Nemes could not read. “Oh, I’ll have a good view, General… with or without Obsidian.”

“Fine… then lets move.” Nemes said, now serious again. Odei retrieved a horn hanging at the side of his belt, and put it to his lips. The sound echoed through the small town, signaling to the regiment that it was time to leave Ahila.

Last edited by on Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:31 pm

[[Gack Mota, don't you mean Umbrovian? I hope the Alliance isn't being perteckted by SUdao.]]
Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 7 967340
Origin settled into the quilt within the stagecoach, feeling rather guilty at her comfort, but not planning on leaving it any time soon. She wondered who would accompany her in the big lonely stagecoach.

The thing had intrigued her at first, she'd hassled the orderly into carting her all around the great empty thing, so that she could throughly investigate all of its parts and the like. In the end he didn't seem to happy about the entire endeavor. That would learn him to cart her around.

Leyla wasn't in the coach as of yet. She supposed Nemes was still at a loss for another nanny. She didn't know what the fuss was all about, injured hip or not she could handle a child. Resigned, she leaned across the cushioned interior and closed her eyes, surrendering to a restful sleep.

(Vasquiri & Olorafien)

Here Brother, tie this to your right arm, Vasquiri sent, passing his kin the arm band.Olorafien put it on with barely a thought. He had no loyalties to any army, and switching was nothing more than pulling on a new band.

They blended in well, as long as they stayed away from the captain, Sachieal, they could do as they pleased with little hassle.

They'd been taking turns watching Origin, and the people who visited her. The little child was no threat, and neither was the old woman. But the pale man, obviously one of high status. They both had their fangs set on him.

Nothing would get in their way..

Last edited by on Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:22 pm

((Thanks 4 the warning origin, now been a good 10 hours non stop on the PC working on stuff and webs. Can’t make sense of anything.))

((Hurst))

“Shit! Shit! Shit!” Hurst heard the blare of the horn, followed by the calls of the officers, they were moving out now, but he was not ready. He trotted alongside the foot soldiers and horses already moving, wadded between those kneeling to raise their belongings to their backs or steeds, skipping, jumping and skidding to avoid falling over until he finally found her; Chi. Or better yet; she found him as she called out his name. “Hey! There you are!” He greeted her with a broad, shiny smile.

When he finally woke… well near the last few minutes before the end of the morning meal, Hurst slowly regained memory of the night before and cringed. He must have looked like a wreck… but at least the lack of bruises on either side of his face indicated that he did not step out of line the night before with the newcomer. Or maybe she just didn’t slap him hard enough to leave a trace. He washed thoroughly, dunking his head in icy water again and again until he thought his brain would freeze over, the redness gone from his eyes. He brushed his teeth, gargled so many time that a fellow comrade tossed a gauntlet at him to ‘cut it out’, and even smoothed back the hair… well…. As much as it would stay back, that is. Picking out the clean cloths, shining his armor and weapons, Hurst looked half human.

Shave perhaps…? Hah. Not if his life depended on it.

He had barely enough time to make it to the mensa, and grabbed the remaining bits of the meal that was quickly consumed by early risers. Taking a clean napkin, he wrapped up two boiled eggs and some bread, then hurried back to pack his things. So here he was, half ready, but at least he had gotten Chi something to eat. He held up the bundle with a smile. “Here you go… erm… it looks like you already had breakfast… but you might get hungry on the way. How did you sleep?”

The shout of an officer nearby made him frown. “Are you packed and ready?” he asked nervously, turning to her again.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:18 pm

Histlan had wandered a bit after her short conversation with Captain Odei, eventually having found her way to get a meal, which she'd thoroughly enjoyed despite its simplicity. She'd not realized prior that she'd been so hungry since she'd eaten very little the night before, having spent a fair amount of time travelling to hear Sachieal's announcement and back from it after the long day's travel prior. She'd not stayed in the mess area to eat though. Rather found a quieter place.

After that, there was still much to do and she'd returned to her steed and gotten it all packed up nicely once more. Doing the same thing she'd done the day prior, memorizing where which bags and things were and which kind of knots tied them in place. The horse itself she knew little of and having decided it'd carried her well the day before she'd decided to name it 'Arshaw'* an old Lumerian word for 'keeper'. Should his true name ever be discovered then perhaps she would call him by that, but until then the gelding would be that.

Her head lifted as the call of the horn echoed out across the sea of people, signalling to the mass. It seemed it was time to answer it. Her hands quickly rechecked everything for her own snaities sake, including the weapons and belts she had on her person. Pushing back some of her darker hair back into the confines of her hood, she took the Arshaw's reins and brought him along in a walk with her. It was time to fall into an organized setup, and after much thought and lack of meeting other commanding officers she decided being in Sachieal's company would be acceptable. Though the man gave her an odd feeling, so long as he did keep his word then that was fine by her.

* Arshaw - An old Lumerian word meaning 'keeper' (Apparently. u.u I made it up)
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:23 pm

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 7 561741 ((lol I think if did she hit him, he'd know rather well where the broken nose would have come from))
"To go where?!" Chi finally blurted as she stood somewhat flustered and holding his gift of food. She would have noticed he seemed a little more cleaned up from the night before if she wasn't so confused, but being Chi, she had instead noticed the new weapons; and could sense their lethal magic. But it just didn't make sense! Umbrovians carrying weapons to kill their own kind? Chi expected a battle of some sort, perhaps a small blood feud between two opposing leaders or the typical battle between Lumerians and Umbrovians (as that was common everywhere around Galdrenan)... but not something as big as a civil war. At least, that's what her intuition and acquired information told her.

"Hurst, I don't care either way for where there is a battle, I can find employment once I figure out who the bloody commanding officer is, but what is this all about?" she then finally asked as she shoved Mathias' horse away from her food and put it in her drawstring bag.
Chi
Chi

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:50 pm

((Hurst))

He stared at her wide eyed, jaws slack. She still did not know! He did not tell her? WAIT! would she even want to be here once she understood the horrors to come? Yah, she was a soldier herself, he knew that much, but what would the officer, Sachieal, do if he found out that Hurst had dragged in a total stranger into the camp? The Officers and captains had specifically ordered that no one, absolutely no one, was to join their army from this day forth; they would not risk any further dangers of spies or traitors by having any newcomer merely waltz into their camp. Which is exactly what Chi did… with HIS help too… oh! good! she accepted the pack... what if she didn’t like eg…

Dammit! Concentrate! Ok…. Ok… he had to tell her to leave! Hurst placed his hands on Chi’s upper arms, holding her still for a moment. ‘Sorry, you have to get out of here! You’re not supp…’ his thoughts trailed off as he juggled with the words he would tell her… ready to voice them… but she looked up, and Hurst felt something jolt inside… not in the usual place where things jolted… a little higher up. Ok. That’s much higher up… She was so pretty… ok… now everything was giving a little tingle…

For reasons beyond him, Hurst did not have the will to guide Chi out of the regiment and send her off; he wanted her to stay. She was a new friend, and a fun one at that. Hurst could feel one of the captain’s eyes on them. “Grab your stuff… I’ll tell you on the way!” as they both started to walk His mind was racing, thoughts clashing, until he came to a decision; as they walked, he would tell her about the war tearing Galdrenan apart, and then let her choose; if she wished to leave then he would help her sneak out once they’ve settled at night for a rest, and no one would ever have to know!

But if she wished to stay, then that would need further thought; Hurst was loyal to the alliance, and was not daft enough to overlook the chances that Chi was just an act, and a possible threat. But he had a plan! Odei; his trustworthy buddy, would do anything for a good friend such as himself, would he not? The old dog would surly understand, and he was Umbrovian; he would be able to read Chi’s Aura, and tell what she was! Right? Right. Odei was kind that way…

One could clearly tell that Hurst was an ‘excellent’ judge of character.

“I’ll tell you everything right now… but first I need you to put this on…” From somewhere beneath the many folds of armor and clothing, Hurst produced a white sash with markins of the Yeidin. He handed it to Chi… with it on, no one would question who she was.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlyght Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:50 pm

Starlyght had wandered back into the wood during the apparent chaos of the previous night, and had slept on a blanket of snow, the most comfortable bed she could imagine. She woke in the morning to the sound of movement in the camp a good number of meters away. A horn was blowing, perhaps the signal to move out, just as it was at home. Yes, well, she should probably find whoever the commanding officer was and deliver her father's message. She had meant to last night, but everyone had seemed so distracted that she had preferred to rest.

Picking up her staff and waking the fox kit that had been curled at her feet, Starlyght cut a new trail through the thick layer of snow towards the camp just as a louder horn sounded which pricked her training to tell her it was time to move now.

The general crowd of hub-bub was annoying to her, since it did not seem to have the organized nature that she had been trained to expect. She somewhat doubted that any of the foot-soldiers would know who she was to report to, so she instead walked towards a mounted man, though she couldn't make out his features.

When she was within a few feet of him, she called out, "Hail from the land of the North, I need to speak with the commanding officer around here." Her speech was elegant, emphasizing the vowels that were more prevalent in her native language. Though she obviously had an accent, she had been schooled in Common since she could remember, and so spoke it without hindrance.

((whoever feels like being this mystery officer on horseback feel free, also terrible apologies about disappearing, shan't happen again for a while without warning))
Starlyght
Starlyght

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-12-09

https://darkwars.forumotion.net/the-alliance-f3/frozen-starlyght-

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:02 pm

((Nemes))

Nemes was surprised at the voice calling out behind him, pulling the reins to halt the horse, he turned in his saddle, wings lifting so as not to annoy the sensitive animal as he moved. “I am General here, and in charge… how may I help you?” The girl was not local, that he could clearly see.

((Welcome back, Star Wink ))
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:25 pm

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 7 561741
It was a curious thing to Chi, who was used to a rather stoic and reserved society, to watch a myriad of different emotions and thoughts change the roguish face before her. She would have found it amusing, had not the topic been a serious one, and thus her eyes sharpened and the familiar hard set line for a mouth returned as she began to follow him; looking back at Mathias with a clueless shrug before Hurst's path took them off in a different direction.

She waited patiently as she walked a half a step behind her guide, noting his turmoil and pondering over it before he presented her with the white piece of cloth. Taking it gently from his hands, Chi looked at it hard before it dawned on her. Of course, naturally she was a stranger and if they were at war with themselves, they couldn't tell who was who and she most certainly would look the spy. But then it still didn't make any sense why Hurst was giving it to her then, or trusting her enough to even tell her, yet she needed to know, and the white sash was soon lashed about her left arm.

"Alright, tell me all, you rogue," she then said as she looked back at him with a small but fiercely amused smile "as it is probably you who got me into this mess."
Chi
Chi

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlyght Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:26 pm

A slight smirk lit Star's pale features before she lowered her head in a bow to the General. In a rather cute imitation, the little fox kit at the ice nymph's side did the same, though it was unlikely to be noticed by any not watching. As Star lifted her ice-blue eyes back to the Generals, she achieved a royal aura despite having to look up.

"Greetings from the lands of Isheimur, and from King Kalendri Frozen Bearslayer. I am Princess Frozen Starlyght. My father sends the message that he and his kingdom will be remaining neutral in the war as long as possible, but he does not support what the Dark Demon is attempting to do, and will support maintaining the balance if it comes to that. I have journeyed here of my own will to join in your fight, General...." Her speech ended and message delivered, Starlyght stood erect, her hand on her staff, waiting to either be further questioned or told what to do. She was perfectly capable of leading men, as she had led troops under her brother back home, but she was not accustomed to this land and their culture, and so did not wish to seem imprudent. She would serve as a foot-soldier if necessary.
Starlyght
Starlyght

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-12-09

https://darkwars.forumotion.net/the-alliance-f3/frozen-starlyght-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next